Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why do these vampires just keep hanging around long after they have f***ed it all up? Don’t they get the message? We don’t want you in our government.

My theory is that they know there are still more scoops to be had from the Tory gravy train. They see others still with their snouts in the trough and they want a bit more swill for themselves.

Arseholes. To a man.

Feet first into the wood chipper with the bloody lot of ‘em, I say.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He comes across as so dim and desperate.

How did he ever get to a position of power?
I love the line when he asks for £10k / month and their response is we were thinking £8-12k a day.

KK - Oh I think we can work with that...

Just incredible these people get hit up and do due diligence about the company they are dealing with. A quick search on Linkedin and the person doesn't exist.

Graham Brady next, can he secure his 4th job outside of being an MP?? Yours for £6k a day..

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Amongst a large number of things you very obviously don't understand is that it wasn't "the chatterati, most of NSC, and the Londoncentric denizens of Westminster and Whitehall" that thwarted May.

it was actually Johnson & co :facepalm:

Maybe it would be for the best if you left this thinking stuff to others :lolol:
Indeed, it was Jacob Rees-Smugg and the 50-60 Members of the ERG who consistently thwarted May's Withdrawal Agreement - and then blamed Labour (as usual).

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
he went to eton
Eton's annual fees are currently £46,000, so if Johnson is a reflection of their educational standards, OFSTED really ought to have them closed down.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I love the line when he asks for £10k / month and their response is we were thinking £8-12k a day.

KK - Oh I think we can work with that...

Just incredible these people get hit up and do due diligence about the company they are dealing with. A quick search on Linkedin and the person doesn't exist.

Graham Brady next, can he secure his 4th job outside of being an MP?? Yours for £6k a day..

Yet in response to the recent strikes, these Tory b*stards have predictably condemned workers for being greedy, and insisted that they should make do with 'average' earnings of £20,000-£35,000.

Odd too how the small pay rises of ordinary workers are condemned as 'inflationary', but never the £10,000 per day of Tory MPs or £ 3-5 million salaries enjoyed by the CEOs parasites of privatised utilities, banks and energy companies.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I know people who are otherwise sane, rational human beings but still say they cannot bring themselves to vote for Labour, what else do they need to happen FFS? I am really starting to think that the Tories will be re-elected. It's all quite depressing really.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I know people who are otherwise sane, rational human beings but still say they cannot bring themselves to vote for Labour, what else do they need to happen FFS? I am really starting to think that the Tories will be re-elected. It's all quite depressing really.
i hear you, its very possible with gaslighting overload and the voting system comprimised (we've had our last fair election for the time being)

I actually don't want to Lab majority, I want a Lib / Lab coalition, only with this will the electoral system get changed.

Only then will we get meaningful long term change. Like the USA, the 2 party set up has failed

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Odd too how the small pay rises of ordinary workers are condemned as 'inflationary', but never the £10,000 per day of Tory MPs or £ 3-5 million salaries enjoyed by the CEOs parasites of privatised utilities, banks and energy companies.
Ah, but they'll spend that extra money in Cap Ferrat, Como, or the Caribbean, so it won't impact UK inflation... ;)

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Ah, but they'll spend that extra money in Cap Ferrat, Como, or the Caribbean, so it won't impact UK inflation... ;)
Which therefore shows that the often cited "trickle-down effect" is bollox!

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...

I've had a few odd situations where I've explained to very clever people in very simple terms what right-wing and left-wing ideologies are (as below from wikipedia)
They've without exception said that they believe more in left-wing ideology than right. The problem is that they've been force fed a right-wing, anti-worker, anti-europe diatribe for decades and they are entrenched.

Right-wing politics describes the range of political ideologies that view certain social orders and hierarchies as inevitable, natural, normal, or desirable,[1][2][3] typically supporting this position based on natural law, economics, authority, property or tradition.[4][5]: 693, 721 [6][7][8][9][10] Hierarchy and inequality may be seen as natural results of traditional social differences[11][12] or competition in market economies.[13][14][15]

Left-wing politics describes the range of political ideologies that support and seek to achieve social equality and egalitarianism, often in opposition to social hierarchy.[1][2][3][4] Left-wing politics typically involve a concern for those in society whom its adherents perceive as disadvantaged relative to others as well as a belief that there are unjustified inequalities that need to be reduced or abolished

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The difference, my dear old fruitcake who thinks some of us believe in unicorns, is that Johnson (for all his faults, and they are many) delivered on the core policy on which he was elected. Much to the annoyance, admittedly, of the chatterati, most of NSC, and the Londoncentric denizens of Westminster and Whitehall who pulled every stunt in the book to thwart him implementing the referendum, as they'd thwarted Theresa May. Liz Truss, on the other hand, was voted in by Tory members in the deepest darkest depths of the Shires who solely voted for the one who wasn't black (well, OK, brownish, albeit with a smart suit and tie and speaking proper).

.....................innit. :wink::ROFLMAO:
I find it bewildering that anyone still parrots this crap. Any government with a majority of 60 odd that can’t get a vote through the commons is stopped by its own party and not anyone else. It is quite incredible that some people can’t see this.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I find it bewildering that anyone still parrots this crap. Any government with a majority of 60 odd that can’t get a vote through the commons is stopped by its own party and not anyone else. It is quite incredible that some people can’t see this.
it's a pschological thing now, they haven't got the mental strength to admit they've been mugged

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here