Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The ONLY thing they can do for the country right now is call a General Election. It is ludicrous. They couldn't pick a leader last time, now they should have to let the public decide.

This is unprecedented political turmoil and chaos. They are only acting in their own interests if they are unable to take this to the public. A 3rd PM in a year is not governance.
Just to confirm, they will 100% act in their own interests and keep their noses in the trough as long as possible, because when it does end for them, it’s going to have ended for a very long time.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If they "elect" Sunak, I can see the ERG playing up again. Moreso with their new poster girl Braverman.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The MPs picked the correct one, the membership did not
The MPs were unable to get behind a single candidate to lead the country. There is no reason to believe they will be able to pick an adequate candidate again. They shouldn't get a second go at such a profound decision for the country. You got rid of 1 PM yourselves, you picked another and they weren't up to it – the next go has to be the British public.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
why on earth is she staying as PM? she's just going to get slaughtered by all around her
at this point its just an administrative office. someone to sign off or make key decisions. who'd you have step in as caretaker, Coffey? Rees-Mogg?

there wont be a GE until they at least have a leader to take them into it.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
because when it does end for them, it’s going to have ended for a very long time.
It's interesting to consider all the young people that have grown up knowing nothing but Tory austerity, Tory infighting and shambolic Tory government.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The MPs were unable to get behind a single candidate to lead the country. There is no reason to believe they will be able to pick an adequate candidate again. They shouldn't get a second go at such a profound decision for the country. You got rid of 1 PM yourselves, you picked another and they weren't up to it – the next go has to be the British public.
thing is one wing of the party has been eviscerated, their core ideals shot down by the gods of the market. maybe some might think it was on delivery, they'll shirley know they cant try it again.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You'd need a heart of stone not to laugh

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Majority of them want Sunak, he was proven correct and was an adequate candidate for the moment.

Hilariously polls outside the party also showed him to be accepted by the wider population.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I've already nominated TB. It should be a coronation not an election :lolol:
I just had a brilliant idea! I’m going to come out as gay and become prolific on Grindr, then I’ll always be able to claim I have a man-date.

I’ll get me coat.

(No, handwringing fellow social liberals of NSC, this is not homophobic, it is a poor and unfunny play on words)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Between June and November 2022 we'll have had as many Prime Ministers as we had between June 1979 and June 2007

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here