Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The old “don’t interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake”
I take the point, but would a policy of not interrupting be in the national interest? They can't stay silent in this disarray.

I would prefer them to - always - keep the national interest at the forefront. That way, they will keep the high moral ground.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They would go for the throat first but as any "dog lover" will tell you, if you want distract their attention elsewhere spread it with Bovril first.
The thought of seeing someone spreading bovril on his bollocks is even worse than the thought of watching the dogs rip them off. He’d probably enjoy it.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I take the point, but would a policy of not interrupting be in the national interest? They can't stay silent in this disarray.

I would prefer them to - always - keep the national interest at the forefront. That way, they will keep the high moral ground.
If the latest polls are to be believed, the Tories would retain under 100 seats. So, it is in the National Interest to let them demolish themselves further and get themselves down to about 10 seats, from which I'm not sure they would ever recover (like the Whigs).

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If the latest polls are to be believed, the Tories would retain under 100 seats. So, it is in the National Interest to let them demolish themselves further and get themselves down to about 10 seats, from which I'm not sure they would ever recover (like the Whigs).
Tories always outperform the polls, but even with that they’d still get a deserved Oi kicking

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Im afraid the tories are the ultimate unflushable turd. I think they will easily outperform the polls, as there are plenty out there who are small minded xenophobes, and plenty more who lack the ability to carry out even the most basic critical analysis before choosing to vote tory. They'll lose, but total wipe out is too much to hope for

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Ok, whether the number is just 22 seats, or your edited 'under 100 seats', the number is still extraordinary. What an absolutely, career-ending cock-up.

I hope it means the end of the virus-like European Research Group who took over the Conservative party. All of them, into the wilderness, never to stain this country again.

Their damage has been done. The British people deserve better than their legacy of strong arm tactics, arrogance and serial failure.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Ok, whether the number is just 22 seats, or your edited 'under 100 seats', the number is still extraordinary. What an absolutely, career-ending cock-up.

I hope it means the end of the virus-like European Research Group who took over the Conservative party. All of them, into the wilderness, never to stain this country again.

Their damage has been done. The British people deserve better than their legacy of strong arm tactics, arrogance and serial failure.
Yes - not sure why I put 22! Must be all this '1922' committee stuff floating around...!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

What can they realistically do? VONC still gets defeated because even as bad as things are the tories know they can’t go to the country like this. They will be wiped out.

Force Liz into resigning or getting rid via 1922 and then putting a grown up in charge who can tread water until the next GE is their only chance of retaining a reasonable number of seats.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've just watched a Tory MP on the news who seems to think that the party has been taken over by some extreme right wing cabal and is asking for the Proper conservatives to get together and stop this complete clusterf***.

I am stunned at how this could have happened and how nobody could possibly have seen it coming :ohmy:
Project Fear.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Lord David Frost, Boris Johnson's former Brexit negotiator and Tory peer, has called on Prime Minister Liz Truss to resign.

Writing in the Telegraph, he said Truss "must leave as soon as possible" and said her successor as leader of the Conservative Party "must be capable, competent, and able to communicate effectively".

"I am very sorry about it, because I had such high hopes," Lord Frost wrote. "Truss just can’t stay in office for one very obvious reason: she campaigned against the policies she is now implementing."

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So we have a Prime Minister in place who didn’t win an election mandate who was voted for by her party on a set of policies and principles she has now torn up and reversed. Tory party now want the opportunity to pick a new leader - how about you leave that to the public this time!!??

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Lord David Frost, Boris Johnson's former Brexit negotiator and Tory peer, has called on Prime Minister Liz Truss to resign.

Writing in the Telegraph, he said Truss "must leave as soon as possible" and said her successor as leader of the Conservative Party "must be capable, competent, and able to communicate effectively".

"I am very sorry about it, because I had such high hopes," Lord Frost wrote. "Truss just can’t stay in office for one very obvious reason: she campaigned against the policies she is now implementing."
The arsehole forgot to add … ’ and be replaced by my mate bumble****’.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So we have a Prime Minister in place who didn’t win an election mandate who was voted for by her party on a set of policies and principles she has now torn up and reversed. Tory party now want the opportunity to pick a new leader - how about you leave that to the public this time!!??
Or Theresa May- overturning an Act designed for political stability, calling an election that she said wouldn't happen, for a process she claimed she had backing for. And this over a policy that she was opposed to in the first place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here