Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can't see her lasting much more than lunchtime tomorrow.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
And still, there are many in this board who will put their X in the Tory box.

My relatively moderate other half has just suggested that the likes of Rees-Mogg be strung up, I'm not quite ready for revolutionary 18th century France but bugger me the Tories and those who vote for then ...

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013

My relatively moderate other half has just suggested that the likes of Rees-Mogg be strung up, I'm not quite ready for revolutionary 18th century France but bugger me the Tories and those who vote for then ...
The silent majority and all that ..

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This is hilarious. Extraordinary scenes.

If the last 12 months was on the news you’d think it’d be some third world country
There's a punchline in there somewhere. This is what we've got in charge of our economy.

But with pensions, mortgages, and livelihoods compromised, not to mention food inflation at 14.5%, the punchline isn't hilarious at all. We are fast heading for the third world.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Rees-"c**t" Mogg doesn't know if he's having a shit or a haircut.

Just for the record, I'd give him a f*****g haircut he wouldn't
forget.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It could only be more perfect if it had happened on the 5th of November. Lol.

Sadly, a little early.

Truss must call a General Election tonight.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
No votes were recorded for 40 Tory MPs including Liz Truss, Boris Johnson, Nadine Dorries, David Davis, Greg Clark, Sir Iain Duncan Smith, Kwasi Kwarteng, Theresa May, Wendy Morton, Alok Sharma, Priti Patel and Ben Wallace, Sky News is reporting.

This is despite a three-line whip and all Tories being told earlier they must vote in favour of the government. Some may be on holiday or on government business.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
For a while, I've wondered why the Labour party don't do more to take advantage of the Tory implosion.

Bur perhaps they are right. Sometimes it's better to sit back and watch the government disintegrate all by itself.
I can't stand the current iteration of the Tories but this is tragic to watch, we are witnessing a total meltdown because the calibre of those in charge is just so low

Last edited:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013

Which is funny, because I'm almost certain JRM wouldn't mind us being back in the 18th century.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Could you imagine Norman Tebbit, Dennis Skinner, Ken Clarke, or Michael Foot being 'managed' through the lobbys ?

Christ what have we done :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No votes were recorded for 40 Tory MPs including Liz Truss, Boris Johnson, Nadine Dorries, David Davis, Greg Clark, Sir Iain Duncan Smith, Kwasi Kwarteng, Theresa May, Wendy Morton, Alok Sharma, Priti Patel and Ben Wallace, Sky News is reporting.

This is despite a three-line whip and all Tories being told earlier they must vote in favour of the government. Some may be on holiday or on government business.
Liz Truss didn’t vote. After all that, she didn’t vote.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Sounds like KrishnanGM

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here