Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
On the motion: Should time be made for MPs to debate a fracking ban?

MPs have voted 230 for yes, 326 for no.

The government wins the vote.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Senior Labour MP Chris Bryant urged the deputy speaker to launch an investigation into an incident in the voting lobby in Parliament.

Bryant says he saw MPs being "physically manhandled".

He accuses government whips - who enforce discipline - of bullying and harassing his Tory colleagues over the vote tonight.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ian Murray Lab Edinburgh

I’ve never seen scenes like it at the entrance to a voting lobby. Tories on open warfare. Jostling and Rees Mogg shouting at his colleagues. Whips screaming at Tories.
They are done and should call a general election.
Two Tory whips dragging people in. Shocking.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Ian Murray Lab Edinburgh

I’ve never seen scenes like it at the entrance to a voting lobby. Tories on open warfare. Jostling and Rees Mogg shouting at his colleagues. Whips screaming at Tories.
They are done and should call a general election.
Two Tory whips dragging people in. Shocking.
If true we no longer live in a democracy

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
On the motion: Should time be made for MPs to debate a fracking ban?

MPs have voted 230 for yes, 326 for no.

The government wins the vote.
so the irony is they may well have won anyway.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Senior Labour MP Chris Bryant urged the deputy speaker to launch an investigation into an incident in the voting lobby in Parliament.

Bryant says he saw MPs being "physically manhandled".

He accuses government whips - who enforce discipline - of bullying and harassing his Tory colleagues over the vote tonight.

On sky now saying he has photos.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Chris Bryant on Sky News has suggested a group of senior Tory MPs have been physically manhandling Tory MPs into the lobby. He’s named names.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've just watched a Tory MP on the news who seems to think that the party has been taken over by some extreme right wing cabal and is asking for the Proper conservatives to get together and stop this complete clusterf***.

I am stunned at how this could have happened and how nobody could possibly have seen it coming :ohmy:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And those names are....
I’m not protected by Parliamentary privilege so I’ll be careful in how I word it.

The names mentioned were Jacob Rees-Mogg and Therese Coffey. Among others he wouldn’t name but has photos of.

Those names have also been mentioned by other Labour MPs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So far today, the home secretary has resigned, a senior No.10 adviser has been suspended, the prime minister has double U-turned on pensions, and the government has called a vote of confidence in itself to coerce its MPs to vote against their own manifesto.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here