Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Energy price cap energy price cap energy price cap energy price cap.

Oh do f*** off. £2500 is a fortune for a lot of people. Not to mention the businesses that don’t have that protection and will either lay people off or go bust.

Tory’s: Plough the whole f***ing lot of them into a pit.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This lot really do need putting out of their misery now, frankly. It's a total shambles. And the worst thing is as the Government they're dragging us all down the plughole with them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Truss getting punchlines from Sarah Palin, seems about right...

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I have read the document in full now and can find no reference to any "immunity". More of a stitch-up to keep her there which suits me fine! I wouldn't want to give the Tories an opportunity to elect a leader who might just have a bit of a clue what they are doing. The longer she drags it out, the greater the opportunity for the Tories to get a total beasting at the GE which should keep them out of power and away from the economy for a generation.
It's been reported on an awful lot by the press (the 12 month immunity), so can only assume it's true.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hunt was nodding when she said it
If (and other than Beth Rigby and Robert Peston) I haven't see any other sources in the 20 mins since, Truss is making up policy on the fly, and after all her 'planned' policies didn't go so well :lolol:

what else can he do, stomp out :shrug:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If (and other than Beth Rigby and Robert Peston) I haven't see any other sources, Truss is making up policy on the fly (after all the 'planned' method didn't go so well :lolol:)

what else can he do, stomp out :shrug:
I am not convinced she is making it up on the hoof. Steve Baker on Politics Live said all ministers received the news to keep the triple lock prior to PMQ's.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Energy price cap energy price cap energy price cap energy price cap.

Oh do f*** off. £2500 is a fortune for a lot of people. Not to mention the businesses that don’t have that protection and will either lay people off or go bust.

Tory’s: Plough the whole f***ing lot of them into a pit.
Not only is 2500 pounds an awful lot for most of us, but the chancellor whilst trying to calm markets, is doing nothing to calm middle income earning families such as mine. Already facing pretty crippling costs to support our kids in uni, the higher utility bills have brought us and many others to the brink. To hear them repeating that mantra about the energy price whilst the chancellor tells us only the most vulnerable will be protected from April is very nerve racking. If our bills are on average 4500 pounds next year, we are completely unable to afford that and I believe many millions of others who were not traditionally well off but at least had a bit of hard earned money, will be completely bankrupted by any further increases.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I am not convinced she is making it up on the hoof. Steve Baker on Politics Live said all ministers received the news to keep the triple lock prior to PMQ's.
Well maybe it's changed since Cleverly was sent out to bat this morning ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Every time she opens her mouth.

:facepalm:

teenie bit dishonest posting at that time, most of the fall was overnight. $ strength again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Starmer is a such a sarcastic dick head, look forward to seeing he copes as PM which looks inevitable. Zero confidence in him personally, unpleasant smug man always sniping and no redeeming features at all imo.

I am not a fan of Liz Truss btw.

Rock and a hard place

Reactions: cjd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here