Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I dunno really, maybe I just feel that someone in a position of significant responsibility should conduct themselves in a suitable manner, and not resort to potty mouthed personal tirades.

Credibility I guess.
Epic, epic Olympic level trolling.

The bit where you mentioned "should conduct themselves in a suitable manner" given your unyielding support for Johnson was breathtaking.

Gold Standard trolling. Gold Standard.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I dunno really, maybe I just feel that someone in a position of significant responsibility should conduct themselves in a suitable manner, and not resort to potty mouthed personal tirades.

Credibility I guess.
and johnson passed muster? and you talk of credibility,....................... hmmmmmmmmmm 🤔

well, that all seems to check out :thumbsup:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Let's do this again.

I feel that someone honoured and privileged to be given the responsible role of an MP should not resort to potty mouthed, personal tirades.
Agreed.

Equally if someone is elected to the position of MP they shouldn't be accused of using their legs to distract the Prime Minister.

Moreover if someone is elected to the office of Prime Minister they shouldn't debase that office at every opportunity.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Indeed.

As I've said a million times, they're all as bad as each other. Self serving piggies in the trough.

Your last point is fascinating. Please do, almost as if you have an agenda.

For what it's worth, I am a strong believer in meritocracy. If you're the best for a post, all other points are irrelevant.
meritocracy,................ boris johnson,.................... meritocracy,

nope, you've lost me, what do you mean?

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Indeed.

As I've said a million times, they're all as bad as each other. Self serving piggies in the trough.

Your last point is fascinating. Please do, almost as if you have an agenda.

For what it's worth, I am a strong believer in meritocracy. If you're the best for a post, all other points are irrelevant.
No agenda my friend, but a quick search of posts by you containing the word ‘Boris’ shows no similar outrage at his frequent lapses from the high standards you espouse so eloquently above.

In fact, I struggled to find any criticism of Boris, despite Boris’s frequent and unapologetic repeated debasement of his office. It’s almost as if a double-standard were in play.

I have no idea whether your silence on Boris’s many lapses are motivated by political ideology, or other considerations, but you don’t seem to be holding everybody to the same high standards.

Anyway, I’ve deviated for long enough, I was just curious as to the root of your objections to Angela Rayner. How’s the lettuce doing?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Just think. If it weren't for the government, the opposition, TV, social media, the electorate, the IMF, the World Economic forum, and several world leaders, we wouldn't have been any the wiser about Liz Truss. We wouldn't have had any idea she was completely freaking useless.

I wonder what it was like in the olden days, before the Liz Trusses of this world could be held to account?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I laughed yesterday at a quote given, from a Tory backbencher which sums her up!

"She's like a corpse delivering her own eulogy"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Credibility I guess.
Like Piccanninies with water melon smiles, or tank topped bum boys? It doesn't have to be swear words to make someone potty mouthed. You also seem to hold women to account much more than men.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How long has Truss got, time for a poll...

Now the markets are calmed thanks to Hunt she might hang on for a few weeks. Hunt's stock will climb and then crash we the public realise the pain ahead from cuts

If we seriously want growth, join EFTA and fast. The UK is like a car trying to pick up speed with the handbrake on

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How long is a piece of string? I think a lot will depend on how she fares in PMQs today. If she stumbles, it's game over.
For Labour the longer she stays the better

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How long is a piece of string? I think a lot will depend on how she fares in PMQs today. If she stumbles, it's game over.
PMQ matter very little, how often did Johnson just waffle his way through? Starmer isnt exactly a rottweiller, and usually very predictable, some awkward questions and pithy prepared answers. right now Conservative party doesnt even know how to change leader let alone to who. with two weeks until the actual budget, they'll do nothing before then. i can see this drawing out to the new year at least if the cabinet decide they circle the wagons, and there's no major upsets.

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

I think she'd be gone already if there was someone else who could slot in, without outroar from one side of the party. As there isn't, it's probably in their interest, at least in the short-term, to stick with her as PM in name only, unless she balls up PMQs , as mentioned above...

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
PMQ matter very little, how often did Johnson just waffle his way through? Starmer isnt exactly a rottweiller, and usually very predictable, some awkward questions and pithy prepared answers. right now Conservative party doesnt even know how to change leader let alone to who. with two weeks until the actual budget, they'll do nothing before then. i can see this drawing out to the new year at least if the cabinet decide they circle the wagons, and there's no major upsets.
Boris wasn't great in PMQs but he just about saw his way through them well enough to get by given how much of the electorate seemed to be forgive him on the basis of buying into the bumbling fool schtick he had.

Truss doesn't get that free pass. She can't pull off the "Boris Bumbler" approach. She doesn't pull off the waffle anywhere near as well. Her favourability polling is already dire at -70, she fumbles PMQs badly enough and it sinks even further she will be ousted sooner rather than later. The question becomes whether she's ousted (either by consensus or chaos) or just quits.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
what motivates your judgement of rayner?
It’s literally all he can find. When he’s run out of barrel scraping ways to defend the Tory’s he moves onto insulting the opposition. It’s very telling that he chooses a working class woman to pick on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here