Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
They must have edited that bit from the news report when I watched it last night then - I was literally sat there waiting for him to say it, but then they cut to someone else in the House before he did. It seemed very weird to place the ball on the spot like that, then walk away from it.

Hey ho. I'm glad he finished the gag.
Just to confirm:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Majority of Tory party members want Liz Truss to resign now - as Boris Johnson tops list to replace PM

The majority of Conservative Party members want Liz Truss to resign now - just six weeks after voting her in - and former PM Boris Johnson topped the list, among those asked, on who would be best to replace her, a new poll has found.

The poll found 55% of members think she should resign now, while 38% believe she should remain. And a majority (63%) think former PM Boris Johnson would be a good replacement, with 32% putting him as their top candidate, followed by Mr Sunak at 23%.

https://news.sky.com/story/majority...nd-want-boris-johnson-to-replace-her-12723609

Absolutely f***ing speechless :lolol:
The Tory members have shown that, as a group, they are not fit for purpose in choosing who is PM.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
There has been a suggestion that she needs to do 2 months as PM to qualify for the 110K per year for life.

That may be a motivating factor in delaying resignation.
I was under the impression that the final salary pension qualification was 2 constituency victories in General Elections.

The annual pension figure is set at the MP’s salary at the time of leaving Parliament.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was under the impression that the final salary pension qualification was 2 constituency victories in General Elections.

The annual pension figure is set at the MP’s salary at the time of leaving Parliament.
My understanding is the quoted figure for past PMs isn't a pension as such, but a maximum contribution they can claim towards their "public life".

Set up an office, employ a few mates, jobs a good'un.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Quick reminder that today is PMQs at high noon.

I have high hopes for some good shots on goal. God knows we need some.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm not accusing anybody on here, but I don't like the media attitude to Angela Rayner. She is someone who left school at 16, pregnant and without qualifications. Her mother couldn't read. She hasn't had the educational advantages that most in parliament have, but this doesn't make her stupid, just less refined in her grammar etc. We all spend a lot of time complaining that we are run by a political class of people who proceed from PPE at Oxford, to being SPADs, to being candidates, to being MPs without ever having a taste of anything outside of that bubble. Then, when somebody who has worked for a living, and who talks like a large part of Manchester does, comes through despite the disadvantages she was born into, she is villified for talking and reacting differently to the political classes. If we want representative democracy, we should applaud different voices, not pearl clutch when, instead of 'being most disappointed in the actions of the honorable gentleman', they call someone they think is a scumbag, a scumbag.
Precisely because of her life experiences and so on, she’s worth 10 Rees-Moggs or Coffeys. She would not have been so stupid as Truss has over the last few weeks.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Huh? PM said in the House that the PM was absent "attending to urgent business" not that she had a 'eadache. Let's not start making excuses for the vacuus airhead. She wanted the job. She got the job. She f*cked it up and showed us in less than a week she posessed none of the attributes required to govern the country.

If she wants out, she knows where the door is. I'm not getting the violin out for her.

while on the one hand one has to be concerned about her mental health, there is always the notion that “if you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen”. We are a country in crisis, internationally humiliated, because of her and her Chancellor.

and all James Cleverly can say is Mistakes do happen. My own MP on the Politics Show yesterday - Steve Brine - said people deserve a second chance. She has TRASHED the economy and ruined the lives of loads of people, made life more difficult for millions. If she were the CEO of a commercial company, she would be removed.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I dunno really, maybe I just feel that someone in a position of significant responsibility should conduct themselves in a suitable manner, and not resort to potty mouthed personal tirades.

Credibility I guess.
So were you equally exercised and disgusted by Mr Johnson’s frequent detours into personal insults and tirades?

Did you feel that Mr Johnson lacked credibility and was an unsuitable Prime Minister?

If I trawled your post history, would that show that your feelings on this are consistent across the political (and gender) divide?

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
I dunno really, maybe I just feel that someone in a position of significant responsibility should conduct themselves in a suitable manner, and not resort to potty mouthed personal tirades.

Credibility I guess.
You, above anyone, should know about loss of credibility

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
So were you equally exercised and disgusted by Mr Johnson’s frequent detours into personal insults and tirades?

Did you feel that Mr Johnson lacked credibility and was an unsuitable Prime Minister?

If I trawled your post history, would that show that your feelings on this are consistent across the political (and gender) divide?
Indeed.

As I've said a million times, they're all as bad as each other. Self serving piggies in the trough.

Your last point is fascinating. Please do, almost as if you have an agenda.

For what it's worth, I am a strong believer in meritocracy. If you're the best for a post, all other points are irrelevant.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
As I've said a million times, they're all as bad as each other. Self serving piggies in the trough.

The other day you were describing Truss as having dignity, solemnity and gravitas. If you think they're all as bad as that, then what's the problem?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
But this belief doesn't extend to Angela Rayner? Who appears to be best for the post by virtue of the fact that she is in the post.
Let's do this again.

I feel that someone honoured and privileged to be given the responsible role of an MP should not resort to potty mouthed, personal tirades.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
The country will never forgive that see you next Tuesday Truss or the tories
Every day she stays in power the worse it is for the country .This country will recover but the Tory party will not thank god

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here