Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Every ex PM gets £150K pension until they die. That’s 7 of them all getting it even if they’ve only been in situ for a couple of weeks.
There’s no money for nurses because the politicians are trousering it all.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Tweet test 2 :

If Peston knows this you can be damned sure Starmer does. When he thinks he has the numbers he’ll call a confidence vote. Make squirming Tories publicly back her.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
She needs to go quick!

my pension is tanking

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
See the repeated message on interest rates is to speak to the BOE Governor, disregarding any notion that the BOE has to respond to government policy and performance.

Is this any suggestion that this is a long play to remove the BOE independence?
i doubt it. to take back control of monetry policy from BoE would firstly spook markets, secondly make them responsible for consequences of interest rates. at a time they need to go up, not something the politicans want to be seen doing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
i doubt it. to take back control of monetry policy from BoE would firstly spook markets, secondly make them responsible for consequences of interest rates. at a time they need to go up, not something the politicans want to be seen doing.
Yup, tend to agree with that.

In other news did anyone hear PM on R4 tonight, when NSC was down, where they basically quoted a cabinet member as saying "we're f**ked".

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Gonna be a hairy few days coming up, BOE are adamant after Friday that's it in terms of support.

What really worries me is we have disaster capitalists at the helm, could they really Lizz and co. take us all down to get their warped uptopia they desire.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Gonna be a hairy few days coming up, BOE are adamant after Friday that's it in terms of support.

What really worries me is we have disaster capitalists at the helm, could they really Lizz and co. take us all down to get their warped uptopia they desire.
as of today the total support given by BoE is £12.6bn. that's not today, that's the entire period, there isn't much support being asked for. though rumours other, non-government bonds, maybe have more problems.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Graham Brady’s office tomorrow morning

AlertImportantBaleenwhale-size_restricted.gif

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
She said she was prepared to be unpopular and was prepared to take tough decisions... time to call that GE then Trussterfuck

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here