Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bollocks. My post was a question, niot a comment, so by definition cannot be 'incorrect'.
Oh, it was a question, and even featured a question mark. But it was a loaded question, which is something entirely different from a genuine question which seeks knowledge and/or understanding.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh, it was a question, and even featured a question mark. But it was a loaded question, which is something entirely different from a genuine question which seeks knowledge and/or understanding.
Still bollocks - or maybe clutching at straws. Can't make up my mind - and ain't going to waste my time worrying about which it is.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
…dafuq?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Did I really read about a possible sex tape?

Screenshot 2022-10-29 202410.png

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
…dafuq?

If true - it makes the Braverman thing even worse given her lapse of security a week into Home Secretary job

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A row over prime minister Rishi Sunak’s refusal to attend the Cop27 climate summit took an extraordinary twist on Saturday night as the Observer was informed that his predecessor but one – Boris Johnson – is planning to attend the event.

Several sources said they had been told that Johnson is intending to go to the crucial meeting of world leaders in Egypt to show his solidarity with the battle against the climate crisis.

Johnson’s attendance would be potentially explosive just days after Sunak took over as prime minister and decided he did not have time to attend.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It seems like Liz Truss having her phone so completely hacked by a foreign power that security services had to lock it away in a lead bunker and the PM doing his best to cover it up should be a treasonable offence in any normal country but what do I know.

Can we trust any of the current Government with electronic devices?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It seems like Liz Truss having her phone so completely hacked by a foreign power that security services had to lock it away in a lead bunker and the PM doing his best to cover it up should be a treasonable offence in any normal country but what do I know.

Apparently Braverman sent messages asking recipients of her compromised correspondence to delete it. So, she knew what she'd done.

Looks like the Sunak government's honeymoon period was over before he'd even kissed the bride.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

hang on, being hacked is not on the person hacked, they are the victim of that attack. the "completely hacked" and "locking away" makes it sound a bit of a tabloid inflated story anyway. with SIM removed its just a anonymous phone, passed to police/MI5 for forensic investigation.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
hang on, being hacked is not on the person hacked, they are the victim of that attack. the "completely hacked" and "locking away" makes it sound a bit of a tabloid inflated story anyway. with SIM removed its just a anonymous phone, passed to police/MI5 for forensic investigation.
It depends what was hacked. If it was a government issued & secured device I’d agree.

If she was using a personal phone then I’m afraid it is on her

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It depends what was hacked. If it was a government issued & secured device I’d agree.

If she was using a personal phone then I’m afraid it is on her
so all the victims of the phone hacking scandal are responsible for being hacked, not News International? think about what you're saying.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
so all the victims of the phone hacking scandle are responsible for being hacked, and not in fact News International? think about what you're saying.
I’m talking about an individual with an cabinet position with specific policies as to which devices are used and how for this exact reason.

I have a lot of experience in this space and I’d be very very surprised if this happened on a government issued & monitored device. Especially as the foreign secretary.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
so all the victims of the phone hacking scandal are responsible for being hacked, not News International? think about what you're saying.
Who do you think is better able to secure their phone?

a) A dead teenager or
b) The Foreign Secretary

???

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
They had their voicemail hacked. That doesn't result in locking your phone in a safe. If you are hacked as you think you are a millionth visitor to a website, it is on you. You are making some pretty broad assumptions that she has been the victim of some CSI/Mission Impossible stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here