[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
You do realise that You are the Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything?
There was a time when I was growing and I used to see the Prime Minister (and leaders of the opposition) on TV and they seemed like leaders and people with a presence about them. Major, Blair, Cameron, Kinnock, Prescott, Paddy Ashdown etc. I'm not actually interested in politics so I don't take sides and favour people because of a political view. In recent times we've had Clegg, Truss, May, Corbyn, Those 2 brothers from the Labour Party etc. UK politics really is an absolute state at the moment.

I'm 42 and I've never voted and don't intend to start now.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
In fairness to them all, when they are interviewed, they are goaded into doing this by journalists. Even on BBC. If a labour MP dares to criticise the government then interviewer demands to know exactly what labour would do to three decimal places, and then demands to know if this is costed (etc etc). They would do exactly the same if labour were in power and the tories were in opposition, mind - I don't regard the mainstream media as biased. But they do enjoy making politicians squirm, or force them to nail a policy to a mast as a hostage to fortune so they can mock them months later.

I have often said that the people get the governments they deserve. They also get the journalism they deserve, too. And yet it is hard to stay out of the tough, and we all get sucked into the fun and games when our confirmation bias clitoris is being tickled, myself included.
Although a politician never says "I don't know " even when it is obvious that they don't. They keep coming out with weasel words when they would be better admitting that they haven't a clue. The pretence is obvious It demeans them and belittles the populous.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There was a time when I was growing and I used to see the Prime Minister (and leaders of the opposition) on TV and they seemed like leaders and people with a presence about them. Major, Blair, Cameron, Kinnock, Prescott, Paddy Ashdown etc. I'm not actually interested in politics so I don't take sides and favour people because of a political view. In recent times we've had Clegg, Truss, May, Corbyn, Those 2 brothers from the Labour Party etc. UK politics really is an absolute state at the moment.

I'm 42 and I've never voted and don't intend to start now.
As long as you are happy with the Government you have there is absolutely no reason to vote. It would be as foolish as not voting if you were unhappy with them :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If my work got someone into sideline me and basically do my job while I’m told to make myself invisible and tidy the stationary cupboard, I’d like to think I’d have the dignity to resign. Especially if I was the f***ing boss!

Truss has not integrity, dignity or self awareness. She is an empty plastic bag, being swirled around by the wind in an old car park in Barnsley that nobody uses except to let their dogs take a dump in on late night, drizzle soaked walks when they want a cigarette and a break from the wife.

She’s done. She just refuses to accept it. The mental old witch.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If my work got someone into sideline me and basically do my job while I’m told to make myself invisible and tidy the stationary cupboard, I’d like to think I’d have the dignity to resign.

Truss has not integrity, dignity or self awareness. She is an empty plastic bag, being swirled around by the wind in an old car park in Barnsley that nobody uses except to let their dogs take a dump in on late night, drizzle soaked walks when they want a cigarette and a break from the wife.

She’s done. The mental old witch.
Such imagery. Bravo !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Although a politician never says "I don't know " even when it is obvious that they don't. They keep coming out with weasel words when they would be better admitting that they haven't a clue. The pretence is obvious It demeans them and belittles the populous.
Yes, good point; there is handling awkward questions with panache, and there is....Truss. :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You do realise that You are the Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything?
I think @junior makes a salient point. Johnson systematically shredded the cabinet of anyone with any experience, gravitas and gumption in favour of a bunch of nodding dog nonentities who would never, at any point, be any real threat to him. Sunak was probably the only vaguely competent one who didn't need help getting dressed in the morning.

Now this has all come home to roost, and we have been left with a clown college of a cabinet, headed up by a clueless bint who couldn't organise an orgy in Jimmy Savile's caravan.

If it wasn't so serious it would be f***ing hilarious.

(I'm loving the lack of a swear filter btw @Bozza - long may it continue).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think @junior makes a salient point. Johnson systematically shredded the cabinet of anyone with any experience, gravitas and gumption in favour of a bunch of nodding dog nonentities who would never, at any point, be any real threat to him. Sunak was probably the only vaguely competent one who didn't need help getting dressed in the morning.

Now this has all come home to roost, and we have been left with a clown college of a cabinet, headed up by a clueless bint who couldn't organise an orgy in Jimmy Savile's caravan.

If it wasn't so serious it would be f***ing hilarious.

(I'm loving the lack of a swear filter btw @Bozza - long may it continue).
It (the Johnson strategy) is a bit like Andone injuring all his striker rivals in training, so he could be the first name on the team sheet.

Scrub the Andone bit. Richie Barker. No, 'Silky David Cameron.

Which is ironic since he was the clueless plum who set this shit-show in motion.

It's a funny old world (but not in the 'ha ha' sense)

:facepalm:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I read that 'many' letters have gone in to Sir Graham Brady, Chairman of the 1922 committee. Tomorrow he returns from Athens.
Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but there could be developments later on tomorrow.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I read that 'many' letters have gone in to Sir Graham Brady, Chairman of the 1922 committee. Tomorrow he returns from Athens.
Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but there could be developments later on tomorrow.
And crap on Liz?

Edit: Acropolis. Geddit? ???

I'll get my Παλτό

Last edited:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
No, no - that can't be true. I thought the policy was to rely on borrowing a bowl to support the soup?
I thought the policy was to feed Lord Rothermere a tureen of soup. The way Lord Rothermere eats soup was bound to cause some of it to splash onto a waiter, which in turn would allow the waiter to feed themselves and their family.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That’s a really good question Watford, I’m pleased that’s whilst Harty Junior puts his efforts into funeral directing and supporting the Albion, Amy has been politically active, card carrying Labour member, since the age of 16.

Clearly our political views differ and it makes for many a heated debate, she’s passionate about what she thinks Starmer and Rayner can do for this country, but haven’t we been here before?

The Thursday night/Friday morning before Hereford, I sat up watching the election night coverage, I was 32 years old, two small kids, 40 grand mortgage, employed in a stable job, I looked at Tony Blair and thought I saw someone who could change mine and my families life for the better but equally as important also for the less fortunate in society.

But did he?

25 years on, he feathered his own nest and that of his family and cronies, he’s arguably caused the needless deaths of young servicemen and servicewomen in an alleged illegal war.

”Meet the new boss, same as the old boss” ? So in answer to your question I actually don’t know the answer but Amy clearly thinks she does.
Yes, he did - by almost every conceivable metric. More teachers, more police, lower taxes, more human rights etc. Here is a considerable list.

Tory apologists like you absolutely love to re-write history. The gulf war was a mistake of course. You can tell this because it was fully backed by the Conservatives.

Anyway, I digress. Compare Labour's achievements to the utter mess the Tories have made of this country in 13 years (assisted by the Lib Dems for 5 of those years, sadly). I don't think there is a single genuine achievement they can honestly point at as a genuine success. They haven't even got Brexit done, and if they have then why do 59% (and that trend is rising) of people want us to go back? We all pay far more tax than we ever did under Labour, and yet services are worse or non existent. Where has the money gone that the state has saved on not paying my two eldest kids to go to university? That's about £60k I'd guess. Health? Well why can't I see my doctor in good time? Law and order? Why is crime rising as usual with the Tories?

These Conservatives are the worst crop of politicians we have ever seen. They are absurdly incompetent and untrustworthy, they are wrecking the country and have turned us into an international laughing stock.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Shortest PM reign of a PM who was able to even take the job with the confidence of Parliament is 119 days (George Canning). To reach that, Truss has to still be PM on 3rd January 2023.

Hmm.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Shortest PM reign of a PM who was able to even take the job with the confidence of Parliament is 119 days (George Canning). To reach that, Truss has to still be PM on 3rd January 2023.

Hmm.
How long do we think the lettuce will last? Has anyone in the USA been involved in "preserving" it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports