Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Living in South London

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
dwayne said:
the S in SW would indicate south ta very much x

His point was correct, anyone who's spent more than 10 minutes in London would know they are not South London at all.The point you were trying to make i sense was "look at where i live!" even though Earls Court is just a shithole thoroughfare.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
why nit try canary wharf limehouse area i know its north but good pubs and easy for tower hill

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
dwayne said:
Fulham, Kensington, Chelsea, Earls Court

If you want to live in the dullest, most sterile area of London and inhabited by embarrasing specimens of the human species who think theyre trendy in a boat shoes and jumpers over shoulders kind of way.

I would go for East Dulwich, Camberwell, Honour oak, or Brockley in the south east all reasonably priced with plenty of bars and things going on, or, Clapham, Balham, wandsworth, Putney likewise. Brixton is lively but you need to be into it, can be daunting.

Greenwich and Blackheath also pretty cool

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Balham would be my first choice, lots of nice pubs and clubs, and it doesnt seem to be soley populated by gangs of kids in hoodys that you get a tiny bit further out, such as in Thornton Heath and the like.

From a purely personal point of view, I have a place in Wallington which is nicely away from Palace territory, excellent value for money (if you are buying) and has a train every 20 mins to vicoria, and about every 30 mins to London Bridge, the pubs are decent, and you dont walk down the street after dark with the feeling that a gang of kids are going to jump you.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wimbledon was always good to me, and you're stones throw from the Albion republic of Tooting that Wozza talks about. :thumbsup:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
borat said:
This subject has probably come up before but would be grateful for your informed thoughts.

Moving from Enfield and am looking to rent somewhere in South London with a mate. I work near Tower Hill. Where in S London do people recommend.

Cheers

Borat

Doesn't answer the question, but whereabouts in Tower Hill, I work there in America Square.

Re: Re: Living in South London

Tricky Dicky said:
Doesn't answer the question, but whereabouts in Tower Hill, I work there in America Square.

Cantors! :eek:

The Darkside

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Simster said:
the Albion republic of Tooting :thumbsup:

In one of the far flung corners of the Empire.:clap:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Blackheath is a splendid part of south east London. Only 10 mins to London Bridge by train, and with DLR and Jubilee lines very close by. A great selection of bars and restaurants in Blackheath Village and nearby Greenwich.

Highly recomended. 9/10.

Last edited:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
My choice would be from Balham down to Tooting if you want value for money as it is an up and coming area. Balham has good rail connections and picks up the Northern line. Tooting Broadway area is fast improving with many new bars and food places opening all the time. Wandsworth has also changed for the better, but I find there is still a fair bit street attitude so it won't suit everyone just yet! Stay clear of Croydon at all costs!

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
having lived in:

eltham
plumstead
lee
sidcup
lewisham
catford and now
orpington

I can safely say that south east london is the better half of south london imho. However, best place to live in south east london has to be blackheath or greenwich, easy to get into town, good pubs/bars/restaurants and you're only a bus ride away from south london's premier night-spot "The Venue" in new cross. Beckenham & Bromley are good but you'll have probs easily gettting to tower hill as trains mainly go to victoria.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Living in South London

Tricky Dicky said:
oh yes - no-one likes us and we don't care !

How's the IRD trading going ?

:lolol:

The grey hair growth seems to be accelerating but otherwise good thanks mate.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If you like curry, Tooting is the best place going. It's also got the highest percentage of single people in London, so there are some quite lively bars.

Balham has got better rail connections though - even if it is expensive.

It's hard to believe that I moved to Balham because it was dirt cheap - only 15 years ago I was paying £18 a week a rent in a lovely house. You'd be lucky to get a shoe-box for that now. I don't think I've ever seen a place transform so much and so quickly.

It's a cool place though: I wish I could still afford it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here