Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Living in England

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Someone at work just asked me what is the best and worst thing about living in England is.

Could not really think of just one thing for each. What do you think?

D

Deleted member 18477

one of the best things is security. i feel pretty safe in england it has to be said.

one of the worst things is the weather we get. its dull and depressing.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I guess I just like the familiarity. I've lived here my whole life and am very comfortable with the culture. There's some aspects of it that you just don't seem to get anywhere else - like the idea of the local pub (as opposed to bar) serving proper ale. That I love. The worst thing? Maybe the people running the country? Or, as I live in London, possibly the rampaging prices of everything and the fact that the place is always so rushed and overcrowded.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
evens - diversity
13/8 - indie music
2/1 - tolerance
3/1 - fish and chips
4/1 - football
5/1 bar

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
one of the best things is security. i feel pretty safe in england it has to be said.

one of the worst things is the whether we get. its dull and depressing.

Whether the weather is hot or whether the weather is cold....FFS

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

one of the worst things is the whether we get. its dull and depressing.

Best: Our free education system

Worst: Our spelling

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Best - Traditions and Countryside
Worst- we are letting the Tories destroy this country again.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Best: Ale

Worst: Chavs

These were just the first things that popped into my head.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think it depends where you are. In Liverpool where I've spent a lot of time recently it is the friendliness that is the best thing and certainly the weather the worst. Whereas London you wouldn't say that. If i could get to Brighton more easily and the weather was decent I'd love to live in Liverpool.

If i had to be pushed on England as a whole, I'd say the multiculturalism as a good thing although this is more facilitated by the fact that people are attracted here than the welcome they actually get. As a negative thing as a whole, i'd say the petty nationalism of some people.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I think it depends where you are. In Liverpool where I've spent a lot of time recently it is the friendliness that is the best thing and certainly the weather the worst. Whereas London you wouldn't say that. If i could get to Brighton more easily and the weather was decent I'd love to live in Liverpool.

If i had to be pushed on England as a whole, I'd say the multiculturalism as a good thing although this is more facilitated by the fact that people are attracted here than the welcome they actually get. As a negative thing as a whole, i'd say the petty nationalism of some people.

Agreed about Liverpool. I've worked here 11 years now and much prefer it to working in London. Transport is so much easier to start with. The weather is shit though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here