Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Living in Brighton...

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
I may be relocating back to Brighton after years in the wilderness of Gloucestershire. Of course, house prices are much higher in Sussex than where I am now and, having had a look on the net, my price range (c. 250K) would possibly end up with me living around Elm Grove, Hollingbury, Woodingdean or Patcham. Do any NSCers live in and around these parts of town? What's it like? Plusses? Minuses? Any other suggestions for nice places to live for that amount? All advice gratefully received!

D

Deleted User X18H

I may be relocating back to Brighton after years in the wilderness of Gloucestershire. Of course, house prices are much higher in Sussex than where I am now and, having had a look on the net, my price range (c. 250K) would possibly end up with me living around Elm Grove, Hollingbury, Woodingdean or Patcham. Do any NSCers live in and around these parts of town? What's it like? Plusses? Minuses? Any other suggestions for nice places to live for that amount? All advice gratefully received!

No I do not apparently I live in the Brighton equivalent of Mayfair

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
For the circa £250k you've got available why not compromise and look further afield , Shoreham/Southwick/Portslade or Telscombe Cliffs/Peacehaven/Newhaven will give you a better choice for the money.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham is a good call!

Seconded. If I was about to move to Brighton right now I'd move to Shoreham instead. Only ten or so minutes by train from Shoreham station into the heart of BN1 and you've got the river and a pristine pebble beach on your doorstep. Some very decent funky old pubs also. Plus you'd get a lot more property for your money. Best of both worlds innit :thumbsup:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Seconded. If I was about to move to Brighton right now I'd move to Shoreham instead. Only ten or so minutes by train from Shoreham station into the heart of BN1 and you've got the river and a pristine pebble beach on your doorstep. Some very decent funky old pubs also. Plus you'd get a lot more property for your money. Best of both worlds innit :thumbsup:

Parking can be an issue in the town itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here