Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool’s goal threat

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Goals win matches, not fantastic build up play.

Liverpool looked lethal every time they got a chance (which were very few). They had the ball in the net 3 times with one of the worst performances they’ll muster this season.

We have got such a long way to go to be anywhere near as dangerous as them.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Right?

Shock news Brighton aren’t as much of an attacking threat as the current Premier League champions and recent champions league winners.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Yeah and need to spend a little bit of loose change to get the same quality of players too I guess........ but suppose we must be closer than we were a few years ago huh?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Liverpool looked lethal every time they got a chance (which were very few). They had the ball in the net 3 times with one of the worst performances they’ll muster this season.

Yes they’ve bought well haven’t they.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Of course we won’t ever be that good. We restricted them well. And again, the Mane header would have been the only awful decision today - White made a great, great tackle for that free kick..!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Another way of looking at it is that they aren't the only to have scored from every shot at goal they've taken against us this season

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
2 shots on target according to the BBC stats. We had 3. Twice they had it in the net "illegally". Did they play badly or did we stop them from playing well? Not sure what that all means to be fair re how good we are or they are. Another game where we had less possesion but more shots.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Christ on a bike :facepalm:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Insightful stuff. Thanks.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

I know - isn’t it demoralising.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Their goal threat was nullified by a superb team performance, having the goal in the net when it's offside doesn't count as far as I'm aware , Veltman and Bissouma were magnificent today and we defended as a team front to back .

Potter got the team selection spot on today and even if Lamptey could of played I don't think Potter would of been tempted to play him .

We are way behind of Liverpool in many ways but we're not a million miles away from the teams other than the so called top 6 .

Nobody will have a easy game against us and barring I half v West Brom we've been very good to watch and but for poor finishing would be right in the mix .

Comparing our strike force with Liverpool's is a little unfair , it's a team game and Liverpool can think themselves lucky to have got a point today .

Potter is starting to build a team good enough for this league in every respect and his selections may seem odd now and then but personally I've not seen us play better football since the early 80s .

Klopp can moan all he wants , Liverpool got away with one today and he knows it , and what's more so do our players who can take credit today , though I bet the focus will be on how Liverpool had to manage 2 games in 3 days poor things .

It's a squad game Kloppy , if you haven't got a squad capable of meeting the demands you know you would have , then there's only 1 bloke to blame .
Think I'm done now .:yawn::yawn:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Did you alert the media? This is front page stuff.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Right?

Shock news Brighton aren’t as much of an attacking threat as the current Premier League champions and recent champions league winners.

Apparently, Brighton cannot afford or attract the worlds best forwards.

A long way to go create the massive worldwide following and history required to attract the Salahs, Firminos, Jotas and Mane's of this world.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Deeply incisive analysis.

Firminio cost 29 million, Salah cost 45 million, Jota cost 41 million.

Maupay cost 18 million, Connolly cost 0 million, Wellbeck cost 0 million.

Like you, I don’t understand why we’re not as good as them.

There must be something we can do to improve.:ffsparr:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Makes you wonder what Potter could achieve at a club with such resources.

We are lucky to have him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here