Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
Just managed to get tickets to Liverpool away, taking my 8yr old for his 1st away fixture, what’s best way to get there?

Train or drive?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
Yes current train fair for both of us is £142….

My car will certainly be cheaper than that from Henfield.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Agreed, although l think someone on another thread was saying that the cheapest train fare that they could find was over £100 on the day of the game. Expensive.

We're going via Wigan which makes it a lot cheaper. Paying about £90 each instead of about £130

Was a lot cheaper pre covid.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Having family scattered around various parts of Cheshire and the Wirral we often go up in our car, its an awful drive, the M6 is a huge traffic jam most days.

Has taken us up to 8 hours to do it on a bad day!

Take the train, never mind the cost, the lack of stress will more than compensate.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Looking at live traffic, it's a 6+ hour drive, plus you'll want to stop a couple of times each way, there'll be stressful snarled up traffic at least a few places and the risk of a significant delay. 270ish miles each way so (assuming 40mpg average) about £80-90 in fuel alone.

The train should be a guaranteed 5 hours each way, with built in changes to get up and walk around - for the extra £25 each it's got to be worth it?

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
Looking at live traffic, it's a 6+ hour drive, plus you'll want to stop a couple of times each way, there'll be stressful snarled up traffic at least a few places and the risk of a significant delay. 270ish miles each way so (assuming 40mpg average) about £80-90 in fuel alone.

The train should be a guaranteed 5 hours each way, with built in changes to get up and walk around - for the extra £25 each it's got to be worth it?

Yes exactly what I was thinking….

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Your sums are all over the place!

First, it is only 200 miles from Henfield to Liverpool, so 400 miles round trip.

400 miles at a more realistic 50mpg on an all motorway, long drive, works out at £50 (calculated at £1.38/litre).

there are plenty of reasons to choose the train, but the cost isn't one of them.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Your sums are all over the place!

First, it is only 200 miles from Henfield to Liverpool, so 400 miles round trip.

400 miles at a more realistic 50mpg on an all motorway, long drive, works out at £50 (calculated at £1.38/litre).

there are plenty of reasons to choose the train, but the cost isn't one of them.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hen...76a57e21973ff!2m2!1d-2.96083!2d53.4308294!3e0

264, 273 or 287 miles...

Do you really think you'll get 50mpg with all that traffic en route?

I didn't say that cost was a reason to choose the train; I said it wasn't a good reason to discount it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Henfield

We do the drive for home games (to Falmer not Henfield !). It’s a long drive but if you set off very early morning (or even better Friday evening) then it’s fine. There were no hold ups on the route last weekend but we did travel Friday evening and Sunday morning. Whichever way you choose give yourselves plenty of time up here to enjoy the city. Plenty of decent places to eat and drink in the city centre or head to Anfield for the fan park which is one of the better ones. Dare I say it better than the outside facilities at the Amex as plenty of food choices and places to sit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here