Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] liverpool

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just watched Liverpool. Credit to them. Always 6/7 round box when attacking and 10 back when defending

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Leicester played the same wing back system we do and got nowhere, wonder if Lamptey out might prompt a change of formation and might be beneficial for us?

Fixtures have been kind with them playing twice between our game on Saturday and our game with them next week, we have a chance...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leicester played the same wing back system we do and got nowhere, wonder if Lamptey out might prompt a change of formation and might be beneficial for us?

Fixtures have been kind with them playing twice between our game on Saturday and our game with them next week, we have a chance...

I agree completely. I think it was a good time to play Villa after big weeks for Grealish and McGinn, and I think it's a good time to play Liverpool with their Euro fixture demands on the back of a heavy international week.

I don't think it's so much about the formation as the energy levels, and losing Lamptey's pace and Liverpool playing a high line means there's an argument to start Connolly, maybe Alzate instead of Gross.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

It might be that set-pieces could hurt Liverpool with their defensive injuries.

It would be not be a surprise to see Veltman, Webster, Dunk, Burn & White all start.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

It would be not be a surprise to see Veltman, Webster, Dunk, Burn & White all start.

I find myself hoping that Burn doesn't.

Good guy, generally competent footballer, but never (IMHO) quite up there at the same level as the others, and I think he's previously struggled against Liverpool.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jota on the right and on fire, do we want March on him or Burn - I'm not sure....

Solly is a decent enough defender. In my mind, he's less prone to getting mugged off by clever opponents than Burn.

Could be just me though.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Considering the Reds position in their group, I think JK will put out a weakened team against Atalanta who are not great travelers.
He will put out a strong side against BHA as he respects the way we play.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We have zero chance. We have won once in eleven months at home. Amazing how deluded people get after a lucky win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

The trouble is that we're not very good at set pieces - when was the last time we scored from a corner or a free kick?

maybe Alzate instead of Gross.

I can't see Gross being dropped, he and Lallana are our best chances to create something.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
From The Daily Telegraph (Mon 23 Nov)

Liverpool hope Mohamed Salah will be able to return to training as early as Monday after his latest covid test was negative.

Salah missed the 3-0 win over Leicester City after positive tests on international duty with Egypt, but a further examination was taken on Sunday.
He will now be tested by UEFA on Monday, and Liverpool hope another negative will make him available to face Atalanta in the Champions League on Wednesday.
“I have heard he has tested negative today,” said Klopp.
“I think from now it is normal. He has the UEFA testing for the Champions League and he can train with us tomorrow. He will be tested like normal.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here