[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Defensively we look less than convincing, Duffy isn't quick enough and Sanchez cocks about too much.
We took our time but we've played well overall. As I said before, that 3rd goal was massively important, luckily we scored it and it seemed to lift us.
Come out playing like we finished that half and we could still get something.

A plucky defeat is best we can achieve realistically. But it was always going to be a defeat. Liverpool are unplayable at the moment. On a good day they thrash teams, on a ‘bad’ day they still win. Reminds me of Fergie’s 90’s and noughties teams. So annoying, they reach machine status and the steamroller flattens all before it. We could do with Mane and Mo’s hamstrings tightening in 2nd half!

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Ridiculous. We should be 4-5 down. A world class long range goal and suddenly it's a good half. Nonsense. Very lucky to still be in this.

Well we have more shots on and off target than Liverpool, not many teams do that at Anfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Ridiculous. We should be 4-5 down. A world class long range goal and suddenly it's a good half. Nonsense. Very lucky to still be in this.

We've had as many shots as Liverpool, more on target, we've made a couple of silly mistakes at the back but we're playing against arguably the best team in the world at the moment and we're holding our own.
Nothing ridiculous about it being a decent half at all.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Yes, I’m into double digits watching that since we scored already! Fantastic goal, he definitely meant it. The skill was incredible. Even Liverpool fans applauded.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Nope. March & Biss had great chances, Liverpool players would have buried them. We’ve done enough to have a couple of goals on the board.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Pity about first goal. However we like Cucrella going forward no excuse for giving Saha so much room. He is playing full back and at that stage of game should be sticking close to Saha

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Bloody brilliant game and we are just 2-1 down to probably the best club on the planet.

Love football sometimes….keep it tight boys and you never know…

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well we have more shots on and off target than Liverpool, not many teams do that at Anfield.

Lies lies and damned lies. Only stat that counts is the score blah blah blah

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Liverpool are so good they can get 5 goals from 4 shots.

Well the Sanchez mistake wasn't a shot. Firmino should've scored. They've bossed possession and territory as expected. One goal doesn't completely change a performance. If that goal hadn't been disallowed and Mwepu hadn't scored a worldie, it would have been a "terrible half".

People always conflate performance with scoreline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports