Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looks like 5-5-0 to me.

When is Lamptey going to be ready to start a game?

Couple of weeks maybe?

Graham Potter after the City game: "Lamptey played more than anticipated", with him playing 33 minutes. Not entirely sure why people interpreted this as "he'll be ready to start next week" rather than "we're taking it slow with him".

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Love the look of that. I think Mwepu could be more of a goal threat than Maupay at the moment so I don’t mind the extra midfielder. Hopefully Lamptey can come on later and have a go at them. Yep nice one Graham.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Very interesting line up. Very strong midfield on paper, but Liverpool might have other ideas of course.

No strikers eh? Who needs them at Anfield?

Potter is presumably thinking Maupay is a luxury we can't afford in this one.

...or Potter has a plan that could take Klopp by surprise.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'll take a 4/5 nil loss. I really think if we end up conceding 8/9, which is very possible, it could seriously harm our confidence. Keep it tight, no more than 5 please lads - no injuries or suspensions.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No one thinking Solly up front?

That’s where he finished against City,?and he wasn’t too bad.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'll take a 4/5 nil loss. I really think if we end up conceding 8/9, which is very possible, it could seriously harm our confidence. Keep it tight, no more than 5 please lads - no injuries or suspensions.

Liverpool never scored more than 7 goals in a PL game so while 8 or 9 might be "very possible" it is also very unlikely.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Interesting lineup, not sure I recall Potter ever playing a 4-5-1, if that's what it actually is.

Free hit today, anything below a 4-0 defeat is decent going up there.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Interesting, an out-and-out 5 man midfield, setting out not to concede.

Potter not naively doing a Solskjaer.

Like this team. Pretty much makes Konate redundant for them too although he would help them if we get a corner. Just hope we defend well and don't concede early! Also glad we haven't got the immobile midfield of Gross, Lallana and Moder starting in the middle. Feel we'd have 2 more points from Norwich if we'd had something different then.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Liverpool never scored more than 7 goals in a PL game so while 8 or 9 might be "very possible" it is also very unlikely.

Yes - they could have scored 9+ last week if they'd bothered to move out of first gear in the second-half. If the appetite to do so wasn't there then, it's not likely to be today either.

Anyway, we're going to win, so the amount of goals Liverpool 'could' end up with is all a bit hypothetical..

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think it’s great that GP hasn’t played this safe and gone for a standard team, he’s changed shape and personnel and tried something a bit different. We’ll probably lose, we probably would no matter who he chose, but at least he’s given Liverpool and Klopp a bit of a surprise.

D

Deleted member 2719

Either Dick head is starting these threads even earlier than normal or Potters team selection is causing more post pre-KO???

So much speculation and drama...... let's hope the drama will all be in klopps Y-fronts come full time.

Come on the Albion.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Really like the look of this lineup.
Mwepu has played well if late and we look much pacier with he, Moder and Biss all playing. 3-2 to the good guys.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Same old same old Pottering :shrug:

istockphoto-589435644-1024x1024.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Liverpool v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Anfield
Date: Saturday 30th October 2021
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: The Complete And Utter Shyster
Assistants: Edward Smart, Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Chris Kavanagh
VAR: Kevind Friend
Additional VAR: Simon Beck

Who the F**K is Kevind Friend? That has f**ked it right up. No point finding a stream now - were loose :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here