Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool v Norwich on Sky 1

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Havent read all of this thread but apart from defensive errors was very impressed with Norwich. Not many teams will create the chances they did at Anfield. Pundits on TV and radio today also saying the same.Appreciate only one game but if they play like that will beat many bottom half teams and not be relegated. I just hope we can show some of this flair which to be honest didnt see against Valencia.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don’t they ever! Jim White and Dharmesh Sheth being the worst culprits. The way they talk about transfer gossip and tittle tattle like they’re dealing with matters of important international relations or something is just embarassing. They’re middle aged men! They must go home each night and look in the mirror and wonder how it came to this.

Back to Shreeves, he’s one of a few of these presenters who are full of their own self importance and think they’re on a level with the players and managers but they are just incredibly unlikeable and make fools of themselves. Shreeves, Keys, Gray, Lovejoy, Jim White, Jake Humphrey - cringe.

Dharmesh Sheth = prize one dick.

Every half hour for 3 months, in a ridiculous stop-start tone, bleating out NOT breaking news - "Sky Sports .... exclusively understands ... that .... if .... Man Utd go in with an offer of ...... £72m ....... Pepe's their man".

Peddling lies.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I thought Liverpool coasted the second half and Norwich raised their game so that it was not a rout. Norwich seemed confident in their methods though and kept running. Much will depend whether they can keep that confidence when the defeats come. Their defence will be a weakness both home and away. Ship goals and you lose, however pretty your football may look. To threaten is not to score.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Havent read all of this thread but apart from defensive errors was very impressed with Norwich. Not many teams will create the chances they did at Anfield. Pundits on TV and radio today also saying the same.Appreciate only one game but if they play like that will beat many bottom half teams and not be relegated. I just hope we can show some of this flair which to be honest didnt see against Valencia.

Looked more like Norwich running around aimlessly, not really sure what to do and just happened to get a few shots off. Liverpool were nowhere as good as they could be.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
As an aside watching the West Ham Vs Citeh game. City in control but Sterling seems to be in headless chicken mode.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
An entertaining thread - especially enjoyed reading how Pukki is finding the Prem a lot harder than last season, Norwich are guaranteed to go down after losing to the European champions and their players just run around aimlessly

Anyway, I think both Brighton and Norwich look good for survival this year playing decent brands of football with exciting young managers

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
An entertaining thread - especially enjoyed reading how Pukki is finding the Prem a lot harder than last season, Norwich are guaranteed to go down after losing to the European champions and their players just run around aimlessly

Anyway, I think both Brighton and Norwich look good for survival this year playing decent brands of football with exciting young managers

Pukki will score goals because he's given a free reign simply to attack, not to help in defence or the midfield battle whatsoever. He's allowed for 90 minutes to hang on the shoulders of the opposing back 4. A lesser version of Vardy, without the blinding pace. Obviously a good finisher too.

A great result against a shocking Steve Bruce Newcastle team.

Far too early to say for any of us, but looking good. For example key injuries for any 'lesser' club, or Ashley might sack Bruce and bring in a quality coach, some struggling clubs may spend huge in January (CP have done that before under FatSam, and Villa's mega rich owners would also do the same).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pukki will score goals because he's given a free reign simply to attack, not to help in defence or the midfield battle whatsoever. He's allowed for 90 minutes to hang on the shoulders of the opposing back 4. A lesser version of Vardy,

Is that right?

[tweet]11635362332949135381[/tweet]

Pukki will score goals, simply because he's a good player.

Along with Aarons who is going to be an absolute star.

No idea where Norwich will finish - neither a rampant Liverpool, not a shambolic Newcastle, are particularly useful yardsticks. Excellent start though, and credit to them.

Last edited:

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Pukki will score goals because he's given a free reign simply to attack, not to help in defence or the midfield battle whatsoever. He's allowed for 90 minutes to hang on the shoulders of the opposing back 4. A lesser version of Vardy, without the blinding pace. Obviously a good finisher too.

A great result against a shocking Steve Bruce Newcastle team.

Far too early to say for any of us, but looking good. For example key injuries for any 'lesser' club, or Ashley might sack Bruce and bring in a quality coach, some struggling clubs may spend huge in January (CP have done that before under FatSam, and Villa's mega rich owners would also do the same).

Disagree about Pukki. Works his nuts off and tracked back 70 yards to dispossess Joelinton at the weekend.
His xG is 1.09 this season yet has scored 4 because he’s so clinical with great movement. Last year finished well above his xG for the season too.

I’m not sure Newcastle are as bad as some have said but they’re a basket case of a club and look very poor up front.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is that right?

[tweet]11635362332949135381[/tweet]

Pukki will score goals, simply because he's a good player.

Along with Aarons who is going to be an absolute star.

No idea where Norwich will finish - neither a rampant Liverpool, not a shambolic Newcastle, are particularly useful yardsticks. Excellent start though, and credit to them.

A misunderstanding? I said that Pukki's a good finisher, plus I've have never adversely mentioned him on NSC.

My point is that his game is helped by being a free reign to simply attack, run in behind, to lurk the entire game along the back line. Norwich seem to be built around him and that. A different sort of player, but Lukaku operated in the same way, not helping out in midfield.

Other strikers, even Salah and Kane often get sucked back when their teams haven't got the ball.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Disagree about Pukki. Works his nuts off and tracked back 70 yards to dispossess Joelinton at the weekend.
His xG is 1.09 this season yet has scored 4 because he’s so clinical with great movement. Last year finished well above his xG for the season too.

I’m not sure Newcastle are as bad as some have said but they’re a basket case of a club and look very poor up front.

Every player (bar Obika and Akpom) come off the pitch having given their physical all.

Have you got a 'heat map' for Pukki's performances at Anfield and last Saturday?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Every player (bar Obika and Akpom) come off the pitch having given their physical all.

Have you got a 'heat map' for Pukki's performances at Anfield and last Saturday?

Pukki.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here