Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool v Man City, Wembley

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lots of good sized grounds in the north west to choose from Ewood Park, Turf Moor or even a trip to Yorkshire would be better, Elland Road or Hillsborough.

Perhaps … but some of those grounds would mean a 8000-10000 allocation per club. Why would we want to deny the other 20,000 or so a chance to go ?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Perhaps … but some of those grounds would mean a 8000-10000 allocation per club. Why would we want to deny the other 20,000 or so a chance to go ?

It’s not like those fans never get the chance to visit Wembley is it…… a few moronic City fans took great pleasure it telling me how ‘bored’ they were with Wembley when we went there.

Old Trafford, Goodison or Ellan Road. No brainer, won’t happen because it’s all about the corporate money.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
l

Old Trafford, Goodison or Ellan Road. No brainer, won’t happen because it’s all about the corporate money.

Old Trafford ? So Man Utd should postpone a premier league game (3pm Saturday KO too [emoji23]) for an FA Cup semi?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
One could always move this game to the Sunday, allowing Man Ure to lose again at home on the Saturday?

I’m not sure Liverpool who play Man Utd on Tuesday will be to happy

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not moving this tie is utterly idiotic, environmentally irresponsible and most probably financially corrupt . . . In a special way only the football authorities can do. The FA are a bunch of *****, only surpassed by Euefa and FiFa.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not moving this tie is utterly idiotic, environmentally irresponsible and most probably financially corrupt . . . In a special way only the football authorities can do. The FA are a bunch of *****, only surpassed by Euefa and FiFa.

Hmmm FIA?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Old Trafford ? So Man Utd should postpone a premier league game (3pm Saturday KO too [emoji23]) for an FA Cup semi?

Presumably that's what would have happened in the 'good old days' when neutral venues were always used for semi-finals?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
70% of the Liverpool allocation should go to Southern-based Reds. 30% should go to northern based Reds, with free coach travel provided.

(Man City tricker, admitedly...)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Alright smart arse Goodison then.

Sure - if both clubs would take a 50% reduction in tickets then I agree. Easy for Liverpool fans

Presumably that's what would have happened in the 'good old days' when neutral venues were always used for semi-finals?

Perhaps - but still doesn’t work if there are rail works any way !

It’s an unfortunate one off but only about 15,000 travel by coach and additional coaches will pick up a lot of the slack so good that is sorted and both sets of fans get big allocations

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
UPDATE
Firstly, cast your minds back to our very own semi final and Seagull Travel had I believe around 30 coaches going up to Wembley. There is little or no parking (unlike those days of '83) and coaches seemed to be in little plots of land all over the place.
Now the FA have said they have hired 100 buses (buses as opposed to coaches?) for free travel for fans. Apart from the fact that is only 5000 of 80000 fans sorted, where they going to park. Man City have further stated they have 50 coaches and Liverpool will have a further 50 I expect, many coming from all over the country.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Lots of good sized grounds in the north west to choose from Ewood Park, Turf Moor or even a trip to Yorkshire would be better, Elland Road or Hillsborough.
I can't see Liverpool wanting to play a semi final at Hillsborough.

The last one didn't go well

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’m sorry but I have literally zero sympathy or empathy to Liverpool or City fans. If none of them can make it then oh dear. I won’t lose sleep.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I’m sorry but I have literally zero sympathy or empathy to Liverpool or City fans. If none of them can make it then oh dear. I won’t lose sleep.

Ok,I get that however, most on here would describe themselves as “match going fans” at some point or another, ‘The Man’ is setting dates/kick off times with an ever increasing lack of regard for those that actually go. It’s important we all stick together on this as it’ll only get worse. (Example) I’ve got no time for Palace but if they get lumbered with the 8pm Boxing Day kick off I’ll be supporting any objections they make

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ok,I get that however, most on here would describe themselves as “match going fans” at some point or another, ‘The Man’ is setting dates/kick off times with an ever increasing lack of regard for those that actually go. It’s important we all stick together on this as it’ll only get worse. (Example) I’ve got no time for Palace but if they get lumbered with the 8pm Boxing Day kick off I’ll be supporting any objections they make

Poor comparison. There are a plethora of ways by which fans can get from Liverpool and Manchester to London for Saturday evening, just not the most convenient one. I don’t recall us kicking up a fuss and the council whinging when we had two home games while the Brighton to Three Bridges line was dug up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here