Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool to appeal Mascherano sending off !

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
the thing that annoys me he will get the same ban than a reckless 2 footed challenge soo really he only deserves a one match ban IMO

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And isn't that just the type of complete rubbish you get from armchair premiership fans. Drunk on after match comment and slow motion relays.

Nothing worse than that on a Monday morning - I often wonder whether they are actually talking about the game or what the pundits said afterwards.

Agreed. Andy Gray truley plumbed some unchartered depths with his post-match analysis of the mascharano sending off. "Whats he done wrong Richard ? He's asking the referee a question. What. Has. He. Done. Wrong ?" :nono:

It comes to something when you're left with Keyes and Jamie Redknapp sounding the voice of sanity. Thats the attitude refs up and down the country are battling with. Christ I don't envy them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
the thing that annoys me he will get the same ban than a reckless 2 footed challenge soo really he only deserves a one match ban IMO

Twaddle.
Every case should be taken on its merits. A dangerous two-footed lunge that warrants a red card deserves a 3 match ban. A player who persistantly,conciously and willingly decides to abuse a referee (despite x number of warnings) also deserves a 3 match ban, for crass stupidity if nothing else.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed. Andy Gray truley plumbed some unchartered depths with his post-match analysis of the mascharano sending off. "Whats he done wrong Richard ? He's asking the referee a question. What. Has. He. Done. Wrong ?" :nono:

It comes to something when you're left with Keyes and Jamie Redknapp sounding the voice of sanity. Thats the attitude refs up and down the country are battling with. Christ I don't envy them.

Easy: if I could be arsed to quote every post you've contributed to this thread, and add a :bowdown: to it, I would.

You've neatly summed up many of the things I and many others despise about watching top level football in a mere few paragraphs.

Good point, thoroughly well made :thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Nothing I like better than a bit of Match of the Day, a few drinkies on Saturday night (at home) and bit of Northstandchat.

Something I also used to like was going to pub on a Sunday afternoon and watching a game.

But I became very tired of it. Not the football (I now watch that at home), but it was being surrounded by people who simply talk the language of Sky.

Unfortunately there are now millions of football fans whose only experience of of football is the television.

Some is some hope, I work with a guy who was never interested in football but he started talking to me about it and I explained how my experience went far beyond the actual game, how I'd made friends through it , the away day experience etc...

He had family links in Grimsby and on visits there started to go and watch them. He is hooked and I went to watch Grimsby at Brentford with him.

I try and encourage people to come to games with me, but it's difficult because they don't think paying £25 quid isn't value for money to watch inferior football. Shame because they'll realise especially what a laugh a game can be, especially if you make a day of it.

This is why I fully support the clubs pricing for under 21s next season. Hopefully more young people will realise there is more to football than Andy Grays graphics and actually it's a lot of fun, especially if you're mates are there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why thank you Edna.
Its no different to the exhasperated conversations I have with my little "crew" in the pub on our usual pre-match setting-the-world-to-rights sessions. I think there is a growing groundswell of opinion very much along these lines.

Gets it off the CHEST dunnit :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I try and encourage people to come to games with me, but it's difficult because they don't think paying £25 quid isn't value for money to watch inferior football. Shame because they'll realise especially what a laugh a game can be, especially if you make a day of it.

Hopefully more young people will realise there is more to football than Andy Grays graphics and actually it's a lot of fun, especially if you're mates are there.

Too right.

I find myself wondering if a Chelsea or Man United fan, no matter how "real" they are (and let's be fair, they do both have thousands of die-hards as well as glory-seeking daytrippers) can ever really appreciate some of the things that we love most about watching the Albion.

If you're expected to batter every team you play, if your fans place realistic bets on you winning the treble or quadruple, if you spend £40 million on a striker, can it ever really bring them the same satisfaction when they produce another routine performance to beat Middlesbrough or Reading, as it does to us when we scrape past Southend with a 90th minute winner, or come back from two goals down to squeak a draw against some equally rubbish side?

When you know how crap football can be, it makes your appreciation of the good moments a thousand times better. The thought of Cullip's winner against Chesterfield, or Virgo's goal against Swindon, can still make me smile, no matter how many years pass.

As David Brent once said: "If you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain" [Dolly Parton]

Don't know about you guys but I can live with a bit of rain in exchange for a few fleeting rainbow moments like those.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Steve Bennett has to lay it on the line and issue a Back-Me-Or-Sack-Me ultimatum to the FA to have the ban extended. Otherwise every mouthy simpleton millionaire in the Premiership will take it as a sign to carry on abusing the officials. And probably worse than before.

Reckon the refs should state publicly that they're going to have a zero tolerance day when they give out all the cards that deserve to get given out. See how many matches get abandoned due to not enough players left on the pitch.

Or maybe the Premiership refs should just call a one-day strike :lol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can remember thinking at the Bridge pub in Shoreham last Saturday when half the yokels were creaming themselves over ManU on Sky what a joke it was. Most of these people have never been anywhere near Manchester in their lives. Many have never ventured as far afield as Brighton. And don't get me STARTED on those Arsenal Supporters trains that ferry hundreds of the clowns up from Sussex every home game. Each to their own, and all that, but it just seems a really crap thing to do when there's a perfectly decent League club on their own doorstep. I mean, what kind of example does that set to the children of Mile Oak? ???

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"And people said she was just a pair of tits"

:lolol:

:thumbsup:

You may recall I was looking for ideas for a fancy dress outfit recently: I've almost decided I'm going as Dolly now.

Couple of bits I need to work on, but it's nearly there :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My good Lord.. don't let the actual facts get in the way of things eh lads?

HE PLEADED GUILTY AND WAS FINED A MAXIMUM OF TWO WEEKS WAGES BY LIVERPOOL. HE ALSO APOLOGISED FULLY FOR HIS BEHAVIOUR.

They are appealing the length of the ban compared to bans handed out for similar offences. So many other players have failed to leave the field and gobbed off at the ref but received nothing like the 3-game ban Mascherano has.

I appreciate this doesn't quite fit in with some of the childlike, embarrassing rants on this thread but I'm sure it won't put and end to them
:bla:

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano has apologised for his actions before and after his sending off against Manchester United and admits he deserved his extended ban. (Daily Mail)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Sometimes I think you're a plastic Manc loving twat-the rest of the time I think you're just a twat.

Nah, i just think Gerrard is a DICK, because he plainly can't be arsed for England, and i think Liverpool are knobs appealing against the ban, when it's OBVIOUS that's what's going to happen in the current climate -telling the ref several times to "f off" and then continuing to hassle the ref despite being warned away by team mates isn't on!

Other than in this instance, i don't actually give two shits about Liverpool. Although i'd argue that Benitez is a boring sod.

As for United - well they play good football, and have been a class act as i've grown up. If that makes me a twat, or a 'plastic manc', then so be it. :thumbsup:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Nah, i just think Gerrard is a DICK, because he plainly can't be arsed for England, and i think Liverpool are knobs appealing against the ban, when it's OBVIOUS that's what's going to happen in the current climate -telling the ref several times to "f off" and then continuing to hassle the ref despite being warned away by team mates isn't on!

Other than in this instance, i don't actually give two shits about Liverpool. Although i'd argue that Benitez is a boring sod.

As for United - well they play good football, and have been a class act as i've grown up. If that makes me a twat, or a 'plastic manc', then so be it. :thumbsup:

Please dont forget.

Despite being as far away as Liverpool from the South coast only Mancs are plastic fans, glory hunting fans not Liverpool.

I guess it helps if you have a chip on your shoulder to support Liverpool

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here