Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool the final countdown

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Now we have unfortunately lost to the Lineker mob (we have still had an awesome start) lets get excited about the scousers coming to our place....Gerrard & all the rest of em...
Anyone else cant wait??
:rave:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gus now faces a predicament for Wednesday , field a weaker side to pick up 6 points from the next 2 league games or put out a full side and hope for the best.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Is this the Official * Pre-Match Thread * ?

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I think Gus will make half a dozen changes...priority has to be the league/big teams coming up

This.

Otherwise, we go all out like a cup final but still have a small chance of victory, handing 3 points to Leeds.

Will still be great occasion, night.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
or do they want to fully test themselves against a premiership side?? I reckon 3/4 changes max and field very strong side

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Surely today's game was always going to be hardest so far and far harder than Leeds or CP.

Beckford and Vassell up front, i think we did well to only concede one against them.

BHADAZ

Sep 10, 2011
lancing
Any views on Leeds or CP?

yeah we have very good players on the bench such as lua lua buckley hoskins and so on even if we had a change orund at half time to rest some of our 1st team we could still pull of a shock and ready for leeds and palarse and tbf cms looks like hes enough energy to play all 3 game with out a break lol wears me out just watching him lol

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I think Gus will make half a dozen changes...priority has to be the league/big teams coming up

I also think there will be many changes from todays starting line up.

With these guys coming in:

Tarrico
Vincelot
Lua Lua
Buckley
Hoskins
Vicente

I am more than happy with that ! ! !

BHADAZ

Sep 10, 2011
lancing
no. Let's not. Let's take it as a bonus but concentrate on the league. Leeds and palace far more important.

don't forget Leeds face Man United just before our game im not saying play our first team through but use our all our subs to give key player rest for leeds

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I can't see Gus playing 442 with orthodox wingers against Liverpool, their midfield is so strong we'll get overrun. Vincelot to replace Painter but an otherwise unchanged back 5, Navarro to come in for Dicker to add some solidarity, Buckley for Barnes to stretch them more down the flanks, with Vicente and Hoskins coming onto the bench for half-hour cameos in a noble 2-1 defeat.

-----------Ankergren-----------
Calderon Dunk Greer Vincelot
--------Navarro Bridcutt-------
-------------Harley-------------
-----Buckley CMS Noone------

Bench: Brezovan, Taricco, Dicker, Vicente, LuaLua, Barnes, Hoskins.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If they are fit:

Liverpool 1st XI

--------------------Reina--------------------
Johnson----Coates--------Agger------Enrique
--------------------Lucas--------------------
-----------Gerrard---------C.Adam-----------
---Downing--------Carroll---------Suarez-----

Although I cannot understand why Downing plays on the right. I thought he was left-footed.

So Gus can match them 4-3-3 or variants thereof. The trouble is that Lucas might just be too much for our midfield. It might be easier to play a winger (Lua lua) against Liverpool who do not crowd their midfield like Leeds and Palace will do.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here