Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool sign Ricky Lambert

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I'm with Edna. He would be mad to turn down his childhood team and for what is likely to be money.

Fat seagull saying he'd rather play regularly than be a rich sub. There were spells when he was a sub at saints. It's a bit sweeter being sub of the team you support.

I reckon he won't be as frozen out as some are saying anyway. I reckon he adds a different dimension. I think he will play in most games (albeit most as a sub) but he will start a fair few given the number of cups lpool are in.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
There were times last year when Liverpool needed a different option and they just didn't have it on the bench. This is a great signing for Liverpool and Lambert himself. He's got some of the old Le Tissier class about him and I think he'll do well either starting or coming off the bench. If these Liverpool signings come off they are going to be in with an even better chance of the PL next season. Brendon Rodgers is different class.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What does bin dipper mean? Not someone from the crime-free drug-free posh bits of Sussex like Whitehawk, Moulescombe, Bevendean?

It comes from the terrace chant "In your Liverpool slums , in your Liverpool slums. You look in the dustbin for something to eat , you find a dead cat and you think its a treat , in your Liverpool slums"

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
While Liverpool undoubtedly have two great strikers, they have nothing in reserve. Their third best striker is Iago Aspas, who contributed zero goals last season. Now they're looking at 55 games next season rather than 40, it goes without saying they need reinforcements. They aren't going to find anyone to take Suarez or Sturridge's place, so more suitable back-ups have to be the plan. And then they can use the serious money in areas they really are short in, like defence and maybe an extra creative midfielder to take the burden off Coutinho. Lambert might not be skilful and he is 32, but he scores goals and he's different to the others. I reckon this is a very shrewd signing, on the basis that he's only likely to start against lesser teams and will be a useful option from the bench against the bigger teams.

Borini?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'm going to retract my earlier negativity. I heard £8-10m which was daft. £4m looks good to me

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Southampton, cracking season, best ever really and very attractive to watch, followed immediately by a mass exodus of inspirational manager and all their stars - instead of wAtching 3 of their players in the World Cup they will likely all be another clubs before it starts. Sucks really.

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Southampton, cracking season, best ever really and very attractive to watch, followed immediately by a mass exodus of inspirational manager and all their stars - instead of wAtching 3 of their players in the World Cup they will likely all be another clubs before it starts. Sucks really.

Never feel sorry for southampton fans, I work with some and they are all deluded and think they are European champions in waiting.

When they talk to me about The Albion, we're little old Brighton, condescending as hell and a town full of fags (their words) The most dislikable fans I come across on my travels and I travel all over the country in my truck with my Albion stuff on full show in the windscreen

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Never feel sorry for southampton fans, I work with some and they are all deluded and think they are European champions in waiting.

When they talk to me about The Albion, we're little old Brighton, condescending as hell and a town full of fags (their words) The most dislikable fans I come across on my travels and I travel all over the country in my truck with my Albion stuff on full show in the windscreen

In my experience they're a condescending bunch. The ''Southampton way'' is something I love quoting - presumably it refers to their willingness to dip into Admin, clear debts and then have a jolly up into the Premiership.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In my experience they're a condescending bunch. The ''Southampton way'' is something I love quoting - presumably it refers to their willingness to dip into Admin, clear debts and then have a jolly up into the Premiership.

That's odd. I thought their Swiss owner paid off all the debts?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

If your going to 'quote' them, you'd best get it right. It's 'The Southampton STYLE'. :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyway, to round it all up:

The CEO Cortese left half way through the season.
The manager quit last week.
Then they sacked Williams and Dodd - the two responsible for the U18 production line.

Liverpool want Lambert, Lallana and Lovren
United (and possibly Chelsea) want Shaw
Wanyama and Rodriguez want to follow Pochetino to Spurs
Arsenal are looking at Chambers as a replacement for Sagna
Everton want Jack Cork
Schneiderlin rumoured to be interesting a few.

Have I missed anyone?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's funny how one fan can change an opinion of a club. I used to like Southampton until I read a Saints fan telling a Rochdale fan to "enjoy your day out at St Mary's" in all sincerity.

He went on to describe how it must be exciting for a club that has recently been in non-league football. Any clued up fan would have known 'dale had just secured their first promotion since the Industrial Revolution.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There were times last year when Liverpool needed a different option and they just didn't have it on the bench. This is a great signing for Liverpool and Lambert himself. He's got some of the old Le Tissier class about him and I think he'll do well either starting or coming off the bench. If these Liverpool signings come off they are going to be in with an even better chance of the PL next season. Brendon Rodgers is different class.

If you have designs on finishing above Man City a 32 year old cart horse seems an odd signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here