Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool ROCKED as star midfielder reveals he wants to leave

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is there even a source for that quote?

This liverpool fan site report from yesterday quotes him keen to return and try to break into the first team next season - http://liverpooloffside.sbnation.co...dreaming-of-liverpool-return-2015-2016-season.
Who cares? It's a possibility, and if TB can make it happen that will be excellent news for us. Of course he'd rather play for Liverpool, but that's the same for any player in our team. Nothing wrong with that - would love it if we got him again for next season though.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Given the choice of Anfield or the Amex, for a young ambitious player it would be a no brainer. Let's hope they don't rate him enough for their first team squad next year, and we push the boat out to make a good offer - even another one year loan would be a great deal for us.

Yes, if want to be rationale that is true.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There is absolutely no chance of him coming here.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Tony won't pay up. I'm guessing a worn out journeyman as Tex's replacement next season. Though i could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I could see a deal which will have a get away clause in if a PL club comes in for him next season however this is great news .
We do have great facilities. Come on TB

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Might get him again next season if he has the confidence we are going to be at the right end of the league.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Who cares? It's a possibility, and if TB can make it happen that will be excellent news for us. Of course he'd rather play for Liverpool, but that's the same for any player in our team. Nothing wrong with that - would love it if we got him again for next season though.

Just trying to get some context, I hadn't seen the article in The Argus or heard the interview, all i'd seen is the Liverpool link I posted that left out the bit about us being an option. Same interview two different spins put on it depending on who the target audience are.

Of course I'd love to see him with us next season, but I imagine there will be a lot of clubs in for him should he be available and our slowness doing business may harm us again (lets hope its different now Burke isn't running the show).

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Leicester, Burnley and Sunderland paid for quality. It's about time we did.

Let's spend some cash on Tex, like we didn't on Virgil Van Dijk. It'll be like having a young and fit Vicente in the team. We can't afford not to sign him.

And for the love of God can we get it sorted early doors before some gigantic monster of a club, like Rotherham or Charlton, offer him better wages.

You can't just write 'Ambition' on the side of a stadium and expect it to happen. You need to actually BE ambitious. Signing Tex would demonstrate this in spades.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Let's spend some cash on Tex, like we didn't on Virgil Van Dijk. It'll be like having a young and fit Vicente in the team. We can't afford not to sign him.

And for the love of God can we get it sorted early doors before some gigantic monster of a club, like Rotherham or Charlton, offer him better wages.

You can't just write 'Ambition' on the side of a stadium and expect it to happen. You need to actually BE ambitious. Signing Tex would demonstrate this in spades.

Paul Barber needs to read this.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think a lot of people are forgetting how disappointing he has been at times this season. He's certainly looked decent since January, especially since Kayal arrived, but he's still young and far from the finished article. If we don't get him, it might be because he's considered a risky buy at the wages he's demanding.

There aren't many players from this squad that I'd rush to sign up with a blank cheque. Remember, we're in 20th position and that's not ALL Hyypia's fault. So I'm not saying we shouldn't sign him - just that if we don't, I don't necessarily think it's the evidence of more tight-arsed dithering that we saw when we let Stephen Ward leave one week before the season started. I'm far more confident that the squad will be built properly now that Burke idiot has left the club.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I think a lot of people are forgetting how disappointing he has been at times this season. He's certainly looked decent since January, especially since Kayal arrived, but he's still young and far from the finished article. If we don't get him, it might be because he's considered a risky buy at the wages he's demanding.

There aren't many players from this squad that I'd rush to sign up with a blank cheque. Remember, we're in 20th position and that's not ALL Hyypia's fault. So I'm not saying we shouldn't sign him - just that if we don't, I don't necessarily think it's the evidence of more tight-arsed dithering that we saw when we let Stephen Ward leave one week before the season started. I'm far more confident that the squad will be built properly now that Burke idiot has left the club.

Hardly anyone looked good under Hyypia.

Since Hughton has come in, Tex has been playing as the attacking midfielder with two stronger defensive midfielders behind him and he has started to flourish. He's far from the finished article, but I'd say he's now an important player for us (particularly at home).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because the talk of ambition is in his remit.

He should know that words are hollow without sctions.
What's he supposed to plaster all over the stadium:-

Budgeted for mediocrity'?

Its the mugs that lap it up that need a reality check, not Barber.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What's he supposed to plaster all over the stadium:-

Budgeted for mediocrity'?

Its the mugs that lap it up that need a reality check, not Barber.

Why plaster anything all over the stadium? It looks and sounds ridiculous.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Very well said :clap2:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course I'd love to see him with us next season, but I imagine there will be a lot of clubs in for him should he be available and our slowness doing business may harm us again (lets hope its different now Burke isn't running the show).
"Lets hope its different now Burke isn't running the show." Amen to that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here