[Football] Liverpool reject Palace's offer for Benteke because....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Benteke is clearly a decent player without the baggage Adebayor brings. It might seem like a huge fee but in the context of this season's TV money it really isn't. It's up to Pardew now to set up effectively to get the best from him which is far from a given as he seems to have forgotten what they were doing during that period that saw them become "comfortably a top 8 side" in his own deluded, self congratulatory opinion.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
No we didn't. Benteke is far better than Adebayor, everyone knows that.

Why are you spending so much time on here trying to convince Brighton fans that Palace have made a great signing, what is your motive, are you trying convince yourself that Palace have not made a huge CMS type signing cock up? Like Benteke at Aston Villa, what a good scoring record CMS had at Peterborough.
I think you already matched that cock up with letting Murray go and signing Wickham.

I think the unrest in the Palace camp over pay differentials will explode if this deal goes through.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Why are you spending so much time on here trying to convince Brighton fans that Palace have made a great signing, what is your motive, are you trying convince yourself that Palace have not made a huge CMS type signing cock up?
I think you already matched that cock up with letting Murray go and signing Wickham.

I think the unrest in the Palace camp over pay differentials will explode if this deal goes through.

How can you say that signing a player that had a near 1 in 2 goal record only a 2 seasons ago is a bad signing?? I mean really. He even scored 1 in 3 for Liverpool and a lot of his appearances where from the bench. He's class.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
How can you say that signing a player that had a near 1 in 2 goal record only a 2 seasons ago is a bad signing?? I mean really. He even scored 1 in 3 for Liverpool and a lot of his appearances where from the bench. He's class.

I think I answered that in my edited post about CMS. why are you trying so badly to convince us Brighon fans?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think this signing worries you big time if were being honest.

CMS :moo:

Nope, we really don't give a **** in reality. We are not in the same division, we are expecting a decent season, we hope you have a shit one. That really is it, We don't want really want to discuss the merits of your signings with you but you keep banging on and on and on. I think that you are trying to convince yourself that this is a great move rather than a desperate one.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Nope, we really don't give a **** in reality. We are not in the same division, we are expecting a decent season, we hope you have a shit one. That really is it, We don't want really want to discuss the merits of your signings with you but you keep banging on and on and on. I think that you are trying to convince yourself that this is a great move rather than a desperate one.

Of course you care, you wouldn't be posting on this thread if you didn't. You despise us, we despise you, that's why it's one of the best rivalries in English football.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
You don't enjoy the derbies? I don't think there any many more heated, can think of 4 or 5, that's it.

So you honestly think that we match Arsenal v Spurs, Man City v Man U, Everton v Liverpool, WBA v Villa, Villa v Brum, WBA V Brum, Newcastle v Sunderland, Newcastle v Middlesbrough etc etc. Thats only a few, so top 4 or 5 not a chance.

Out of interest, who do Palace consider to be rivals in the Prem, or is there not a team in the Prem that is really bothered about you?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So you honestly think that we match Arsenal v Spurs, Man City v Man U, Everton v Liverpool, WBA v Villa, Villa v Brum, WBA V Brum, Newcastle v Sunderland, Newcastle v Middlesbrough etc etc. Thats only a few, so top 4 or 5 not a chance.

WBA and Brum don't give a monkeys about each other - a sort of midlands equivalent of Albion v Charlton. Newcastle v Boro isn't all that fiery either - apart from anything else both teams look to Sunderland as their #1 rival.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
WBA and Brum don't give a monkeys about each other - a sort of midlands equivalent of Albion v Charlton. Newcastle v Boro isn't all that fiery either - apart from anything else both teams look to Sunderland as their #1 rival.

Can't believe he left off Liverpool vs Man United either!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

So do you consider Palace and Brighton greater rivals than those game you mentioned, because I don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports