Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

liverpool game family stand,

broadwaterseagull

Mar 20, 2010
worthing
would it not be better if they relaxed the rules and allowed people with children who are too young for the evening games to fill the children seats with another adult instead of leaving the seat empty and paying the extra. I dont want my five year old out and getting home at twelve in the evening, especially on a school night.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The opposition is irrelevant.

As far as I'm aware it's not a problem to upgrade a child ticket now and again. I intend to upgrade my U10 ticket for evening games during school times and probably upgrade a few of my U16 one too this season. I know adults aren't technically meant to be in the family stand without a child but that only really applies when buying the season ticket there in practice I think?

broadwaterseagull

Mar 20, 2010
worthing
cheers for the reply, but when i got the tickets i was told that i can phone them 24hrs in advance and my ticket would be transferred to another part of the stadium, i think everyone was told different things, liverpool will be a sell out so where will they put me, and others in the same position, so i want to stay in my seat and bring an adult for my childs seat, but we will call and see if that is ok

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My friends got an adult and child ticket from their boss to use for the blackpool game and were not allowed to upgrade because neither of them were a child and the rest of the ground was "sold out". (they still got in on the unupgraded tickets, apparently)

I think on ask the club it was highlighted that if this was stringently applied, on midweek games there could be a high number of people from the family stand wanting to upgrade and so there would be a large number of relocation's taking away general sales tickets and leaving the family stand empty, and I think there was an acknowledgement there may be some discretion used.

Last edited:

No one is going to check if you have a kid with you or not. You just can't change it to an adult ticket if there are no kids with you.

Already know of others in the family stand whos kids dont always go. Also, if you are worried about being watched as you go in the ground (you wont be) use the southern east stand entrance. Your cards work here too

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
or do it so those who upgrade in the family section move towards the back, any kids going with family move forward to prevent their view being blocked as this does happen for the younger ones

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
or do it so those who upgrade in the family section move towards the back, any kids going with family move forward to prevent their view being blocked as this does happen for the younger ones

I was told that if a game was a sell out then one could remain in the family stand anyway.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
Similar sort of thing with the standard East Stand seats. Although we can upgrade our 7 year old's seat to an adult it costs the full adult price even though we have paid for the child seat. You would think you would only have to pay the difference?
As it's Liverpool he will be attending even if School is the next day it is too big an occasion to miss.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I was told that if a game was a sell out then one could remain in the family stand anyway.

apparently 2 adults to 1 child in the family stand max, if you go but child doesnt this is fine for any game, but if you want to upgrade so no child is present you need to be moved to another areas, you will have to pay for own difference between adult family stand and the other seat as family stand discounted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here