Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool and Manchester United lead ‘European League’ breakout league idea

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What Leeds United and Sheffield Wednesday are not part of the giant English clubs likely to be invited to join this European League.

No need to panic, they are both beng lined up for the World Premier League, something more suitable to their stature.

I suspose that Utd and Liverpool see this as a way of getting their B teams into the league structure, play the fiirst team in Europe and the B team in the PL.

Will this mean that the Glaziers will be able to clean the club debt with the millions from the European LEague

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Give it 5-10 years and the European Premier League will become the world premier league with teams moving base and changing names. Real Madrid to Real Nairobi Nutsacks, Bayern Munich to Bayern Bombay Bandits, Tottenham to Tokyo Hotspurs, Barcelona to Barca Bangkok U-13's and, Atletico Madrid to Atletico Melbourne, AC Milan to AC/(washington)DC and so on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
European League team

Managed by

Isthmian League quality halfwit.

Utd need to look a lot closer to home, before setting their sights elsewhere.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
An 18 team Euro Super League would look something like:

Man U
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man City
Arsenal
Dortmund
Bayern
Ajax
PSG
Atletico Madrid
Barca
Real Madrid
Porto
Benfica
Juventus
Roma
AC Milan
Inter Milan

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I would love it if this happened LOVE IT.

Bye bye to main 5 clubs the media **** over. Much hilarity for the last one of the Big 6 that didn't make the cut. So much fun that Celtic and Rangers will want to join and be shite.

Lets get the leagues back to 1,2,3 and 4 with salary caps (which may come in naturally as there wont be the mad money in the league and there wont be the mad foreign owners coming in)

Get football back stable and fun.

This, gift wrapped with bells and tinsel.

If the biggest clubs want to eat themselves then **** off.

I'd sooner prefer a visit to Preston North End (you know, a proper football club with no plastics) in an English football league top flight challenge. Meat pies and no prawn sandwiches. Football like it used to be.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What Leeds United and Sheffield Wednesday are not part of the giant English clubs likely to be invited to join this European League.

No need to panic, they are both beng lined up for the World Premier League, something more suitable to their stature.

I suspose that Utd and Liverpool see this as a way of getting their B teams into the league structure, play the fiirst team in Europe and the B team in the PL.

Will this mean that the Glaziers will be able to clean the club debt with the millions from the European LEague

Rip the shit out of them like we do, they are proper football clubs. I'd happily enjoy a match against them in English Division One.

The 'big six' can go.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The other football governing bodies (all except FIFA, obviously) need to stand firm. If you join the European Super League you're not entitled to play in your national league, not the FA Cup, nor the UEFA League and Eurpean Champions League (which could maybe revert to being a knockout cup for champions only again).

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Man United are 15th in the EPL as it stands.

Can you imagine the amount of fans who will lose interest in them Worldwide over the next 20 years if they are bottom of the league every year.

The new League might be knocking on someone like Brighton or Wycombe Wanderers Door in about 20 years time saying, ''Do you fancy taking the place of this lot who are constantly bottom of the League with no fans left''

Young kids are attracted to success and if Clubs have none of it for many years then the attraction falls by the wayside.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Man U
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man City
Arsenal
Dortmund
Bayern
Ajax
PSG
Atletico Madrid
Barca
Real Madrid
Porto
Benfica
Juventus
Roma
AC Milan
Inter Milan

I thought of six English teams, 4 Spanish 4 italian 2 German and 2 French but we shall see

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
let them, its about time they flew the nest. domestic football is restricting the biggest clubs, they can play PSG, Milan, Bayer, instead of Burnley, Villa and Newcastle. the fans would love it, we'll probably all watch it (despite the moans now). and no more whining about fixture list too busy, they'll have their winter holiday. meanwhile we can get on with a sensible league with more level field. seriously, its time. question is which of Tottenham and Chelsea wouldnt make the cut, or whether they'd have some promotion/relegation from the national leagues?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
People should read the article first
Its not a breakaway league where clubs will stop playing in their domestic leagues.

Its a replacement of the champs league

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
let them, its about time they flew the nest. domestic football is restricting the biggest clubs, they can play PSG, Milan, Bayer, instead of Burnley, Villa and Newcastle. the fans would love it, we'll probably all watch it (despite the moans now). and no more whining about fixture list too busy, they'll have their winter holiday. meanwhile we can get on with a sensible league with more level field. seriously, its time. question is which of Tottenham and Chelsea wouldnt make the cut, or whether they'd have some promotion/relegation from the national leagues?

You say we'll probably all watch it, but my interest in the Champions League was broken years ago. Why would I watch the same teams in a League format when I don't watch them in the current Champions League or Europa League format? There has been uproar over PPV prices. How much would this Euro Super League cost and who would pay?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Man U
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man City
Arsenal
Dortmund
Bayern
Ajax
PSG
Atletico Madrid
Barca
Real Madrid
Porto
Benfica
Juventus
Roma
AC Milan
Inter Milan

So what they want is 34 Euro PL fixtures, plus 34 PL fixtures, followed by Euro playoffs, and domestic cups. They might end up with 75 fixtures in a season, with revenue from at least 34 home games. Meanwhile, the rest of the PL, would have 34 fixtures in total and if knocked out of cups early, would have 36 games in a season, and perhaps only earnings from 17 home games. It's an equitable life Henry.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Do any fans of any club want this?

Arsenal and Man Utd fans will soon get disillusioned when they don’t win every week.

Greedy ******** wanting the best of both worlds.

If they got on top of player wages then there would be plenty of money sloshing around without the need for this shite European Super League.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Its not a breakaway league where clubs will stop playing in their domestic leagues.

Organised by FIFA, screwing UEFA and funded by a $6bn debt package from JP Morgan during the worst economic disaster in decades.

What could possibly go wrong?!

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud

Mourinho already whinges about fixture congestion , I cant see another league+ knockout tournament helping.

Also we will get to a stage of football every blooming night and a longer season to fit it all in.

too much of a good thing.

I would love a wonderful super league with its own dedicated sky channel in super HD which I wont get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here