Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool and City games moved for TV

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
The subject opens a whole different debate. Added to Taybha's comment about armchairs . . . . I wouldn't buy an ST now, but I think more should be available to locals but not ST holders, we can't all waste every other Saturday and /or afford, especially if there's a family consideration . . . Double or triple the cost of a day out , it makes my boozey away days and stuff in the 90's seem like a bargain. Which by comparison, it was!

If that makes me an armchair fan now, I don't give a ****, I sleep well, and still care far too much about a bloody football team!

If collapsing into my armchair after a 12 hour 340 mile round trip to watch my team makes me an armchair fan fine.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I wont be at the Liverpool game now. Bloody sisters 50th family meal. Oh well.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If we’re in the Championship we’ll rarely be on TV and our fixtures will usually stick to original dates set.

Would you renew if you knew we’d be in the Championship?

You're joking, aren't you?

When we got promoted we had 17 - yes, 17 - matches moved for TV coverage. And the season before that it was 12 games during the regular season. (For comparison, in each of our PL seasons we have had 13 matches shown live).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

When we got promoted we had 17 - yes, 17 - matches moved for TV coverage. And the season before that it was 12 games during the regular season. (For comparison, in each of our PL seasons we have had 13 matches shown live).

Because we set the league alight.

How many of our 46 home matches were moved for TV in 2013/14 and 2014/15?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent

We would get a few Friday nights games I'd bet. Fulham on most weeks this season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Butcher & Bullock on Pender St, Downtown Vancouver.

Other good pubs for watching football are The London on Main Street and a bar called Cinema on Granville Street, and pretty much any of the 100 "Irish" pubs.

Bloody hell. When I lived there in the early 80s there were only two 'neighbourhood pubs' in a city of 1.5 million owing to the parsimonious jock element that used to run the place. If you wanted a beer you had to buy a meal. How times change....:shrug:

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Not so easy to do evening games....only missed 2 since the Amex opened..but I'm really not sure I want to get home at 1am after seeing us get batterered by Liverpool

Liverpool will already be champions well before whenever they play this match - it will be in midweek - and it will likely be a smattering of kids for the mighty Reds.

We'll have a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here