Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Livermore tests positive for COCAINE

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Living in Hull I can understand why he'd need something to get his heart pumping!!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
With the outcome of anyone on cocaine being them babbling about themselves quite egotisticallly for hours on end one would presume that is almost every footballer's main diet.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
With the outcome of anyone on cocaine being them babbling about themselves quite egotisticallly for hours on end one would presume that is almost every footballer's main diet.
No, but it does make it incredibly difficult to identify the users.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Least it's a clean drug unlike many:drool:

You managed to get the words 'clean' and 'drugs' into the same sentence, well done.
Understanding the probability of damaged caused, physically and mentally by taking drugs, seems to be diminishing with each generation.
Many now see it as the thing to do and think of it as normal behaviour, as can be seen by the flippant comments often made on these threads.
They bang on about it not being a problem, to hide the fact that they actually have a problem.
It would be better to see them facing up to this fact, rather than trying to hide behind their drug use and not come to terms with the fact that it is a problem.
Their tough guy bravado comments displayed about substance abuse and the giving of advice on what to take, trying to impress with their undeniable knowledge of the subject, is not fooling anyone.
I've never met an addict who ever wanted to be an addict.
It is becoming a huge blight to society as a whole and yet treated so casually, only over time will they realise that it really isn't a game,or not one that can be won.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You managed to get the words 'clean' and 'drugs' into the same sentence, well done.
Understanding the probability of damaged caused, physically and mentally by taking drugs, seems to be diminishing with each generation.
Many now see it as the thing to do and think of it as normal behaviour, as can be seen by the flippant comments often made on these threads.
They bang on about it not being a problem, to hide the fact that they actually have a problem.
It would be better to see them facing up to this fact, rather than trying to hide behind their drug use and not come to terms with the fact that it is a problem.
Their tough guy bravado comments displayed about substance abuse and the giving of advice on what to take, trying to impress with their undeniable knowledge of the subject, is not fooling anyone.
It is becoming a huge blight to society as a whole and yet treated so casually, only over time will they realise that it really isn't a game,or not one that can be won.

Personally, I don't think people are any less aware of the damage drugs can do than before. What people are waking up to is the sheer hypocrisy of government policy around drugs. They are happy to 'support' and take tax for some equally dangerous drugs but criminalise people who take drugs that they get no tax take from. My ex-wife's father effectively killed himself with alcohol, my Grandfather nearly lost a leg because of a life time of smoking and my father had a recent cancer scare after years of smoking. People know the risks, people take their chances. Prohibition has never worked without public support of it ( our gun laws are a prime example of it being supported and working ) - the public quite clearly don't support prohibition of drugs yet politicians are following the same failed path they have for decades like the little lemmings they are.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Alright, alright. Take a chill pill.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
PS who is Jake Livermore?

image.jpg

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Doesn't actually mean he took straight CMP up his snout thought.
He could actually have taken over the counter drugs that contain small amounts of it for
colds, runny noses, pain killers etc etc etc !
You would have to be some prat to shove it up your hooter for fun knowing you randomly get given drug tests all the time.
Who knows though ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There isn't a system to break.
Football's testing 'policy' is a joke and wide open to exploitation.

Chess and Belgium pigeon racing have caught more drugs cheats than football.

Having a smoke before a no time limit game of chess is fine but coke should definetly only be used on bullet or speed chess.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
His dealer allegedly told him "take this you'll play like Maradona". What a salesman!

Funnily enough he had a very good game against us that night . I think we should be awarded the 3 points and them relegated :thumbsup:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Aaron Lennon, why am I not surprised. I've had no respect for that guy since he was photographed smoking on a cigar after crashing out of the 2010 world cup. He is everything that is wrong with international football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Football Weekly Podcast instantly stopped talking about this for 'serious' issues.

Have there been more revelations?

(Obviously if it's 'serious' serious allegations there's no need to repeat them here)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The Football Weekly Podcast instantly stopped talking about this for 'serious' issues.

Have there been more revelations?

(Obviously if it's 'serious' serious allegations there's no need to repeat them here)

I would so love it, if the PED shit finally hit the football fan. Still footballers are at least getting tested 1604 times in total per season in this country for 4,000 professional players. So 2,400 do not get tested at all for an entire year...

Or cycling where 20,000 tests were done last year for 3,650 pros...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here