Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Livermore gone

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Livermore parts company with Seagulls From The Argus)

David Livermore has left Albion by mutual consent.

The 29-year-old's contract was not due to expire until the summer but he has parted company with immediate effect.

Livermore was signed by Micky Adams on a free transfer in the summer of 2008 after helping Hull win promotion to the Premier League.

He made only 14 starts for the Seagulls and his only appearance this season was as a sub against Leyton Orient in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy at the end of October.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've never understood how Livermore has turned out to be quite so useless to us really.

Surely the Winston Bogarde of the lower leagues.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
One of the biggest disappointments of recent years. Came to us with decent pedigree as a top championship player but for whatever reason has never delivered.
Being overlooked by Adams, Slade and Poyet would suggest he showed nothing in training to warrant much of a chance.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
should have bossed the midfield in this league, not sure where it went wrong.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What an absolute waste. ???

Seriously, this is a guy who came here with pedigree, with class and with style. But he never really settled and you know what I blame for this? Adam Virgo started last season in central midfield because there was, literally, nowhere else for Micky to fit him into the side (Hawkins seemed quite good :lolol: ) and that meant a place on the bench for the man who should have been the key man in the centre of our midfield. What a shame. Micky's signings are leaving one by one. McLeod gone, Livermore gone, Davies practically gone.

Still, I say thank you for the McNulty! :thumbsup:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
One of the biggest disappointments of recent years. Came to us with decent pedigree as a top championship player but for whatever reason has never delivered.
Being overlooked by Adams, Slade and Poyet would suggest he showed nothing in training to warrant much of a chance.

I agree with you there, JJ. The only game I can remember him playing well in was at Luton in the Paint-pot semi. He even f***ed that up by getting sent off in the 1st half.. :facepalm:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What an absolute waste. ???

Seriously, this is a guy who came here with pedigree, with class and with style. But he never really settled and you know what I blame for this? Adam Virgo started last season in central midfield because there was, literally, nowhere else for Micky to fit him into the side (Hawkins seemed quite good :lolol: ) and that meant a place on the bench for the man who should have been the key man in the centre of our midfield. What a shame. Micky's signings are leaving one by one. McLeod gone, Livermore gone, Davies practically gone.

Bet you 10p he ends up at Vale! :wink:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Oh, and is he really only 29? He looks about 40!

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
well more deadwood leaving the club after mcleod

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
One of the most baffling cases in recent memory, this one. As others said, he had a real pedigree having helped Hull into the Prem, played a lot of games at Championship level, and I thought it was a real coup when we signed him.

He just seemed to catch the "shitness" disease though, which unfortunately seems to befall so many (seemingly) promising players at this club. Bradley Johnson, Aaron Davies, Graeme Smith, Darius Henderson off the top of my head. All have done well elsewhere, but have been utter CACK in the stripes.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
In the space of 5 years, which were meant to be the prime of his career, he went from playing in an FA Cup run that got him to the final, took Hull to the Premier League in the first time in their history, to being rubbish for us, loaned to a non league team and released for nowt.

He was the exact type of player we were crying out for, and he turned out to be toilet, although admittedly he was playing left back or left midfield quite a lot.

Weird

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here