Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Live - Glamorgan v Sussex - Cardiff, Apr 15 - 18 2021, County Championship

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
116 for 2 now. The BBC live scoreboard is up to all sports of tricks - it shows the correct score briefly then reverts to 82 for 2! Refreshing the screen brings up the current score, but only for a second or two before it again reverts back to 82 for 2!

Good to know! I thought it was my Internet.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Sussex will lose Robinson to England at some stage this summer. Bittersweet.

Sussex bowler Ollie Robinson told BBC Radio Sussex:

"Chuffed to get the personal milestone but also for the lads since we've worked so hard all winter to get to the place for this win, it's a great day for us.
"We tried hard to get the ball reversing and when it happens, it's very hard to face for a new bat. It was something we spoke about at lunch and it worked, they were five down at lunch and it looked like a draw.
"England are going to pick a squad for the New Zealand series next month and I've had a nice text from (England coach) Chris Silverwood saying 'well bowled', that's always nice.
"I've just got to do what I'm doing with Sussex, keep putting performances in and knocking on the door, and hopefully I'll get selected."

Hopefully if he does get called up for the squad he actually gets a few games, rather than being a net bowler/drinks courier for the whole summer

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sussex bowler Ollie Robinson told BBC Radio Sussex:

"Chuffed to get the personal milestone but also for the lads since we've worked so hard all winter to get to the place for this win, it's a great day for us.
"We tried hard to get the ball reversing and when it happens, it's very hard to face for a new bat. It was something we spoke about at lunch and it worked, they were five down at lunch and it looked like a draw.
"England are going to pick a squad for the New Zealand series next month and I've had a nice text from (England coach) Chris Silverwood saying 'well bowled', that's always nice.
"I've just got to do what I'm doing with Sussex, keep putting performances in and knocking on the door, and hopefully I'll get selected."

Hopefully if he does get called up for the squad he actually gets a few games, rather than being a net bowler/drinks courier for the whole summer

Agree. Although losing him from our attack doesn’t bear thinking about !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Agree. Although losing him from our attack doesn’t bear thinking about !

Let's hope we've won enough games by then.

I'd love there to be an opening bowling attack of Jof and Ollie. I think that the last time two Sussex players opened the bowling was back in the early 30s with Tate and Gilligan - can't think who else would have done it

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I'd love there to be an opening bowling attack of Jof and Ollie. I think that the last time two Sussex players opened the bowling was back in the early 30s with Tate and Gilligan - can't think who else would have done it
Ted Dexter very occasionally opened the bowling - usually in a second innings when there was 'something' in the pitch. Did he ever do it with England along with Snowy? (long shot I know).

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

My first thought was Snow and Greig might have done, but while Greig came on first change in a few games they never opened the bowling together.

I noticed while looking that Geoff Arnold opened with Snow a few times in the early 70s, but Arnold only played for Sussex later on.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Ted Dexter very occasionally opened the bowling - usually in a second innings when there was 'something' in the pitch. Did he ever do it with England along with Snowy? (long shot I know).

Dexter and Snow played together for England 3 times, Dexter bowled in 2 of those matches but never opened the bowling.

One of those was the 1965 Lords test against New Zealand, which was also Fred Trueman's last match for England. He took the new ball, which seems reasonable, but what looks strange now is that Dexter was brought on first change before Snow. Presumably it made sense at the time given the conditions etc., even if it didn't work (Dexter took 0/27, Snow 2/27).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Dexter and Snow played together for England 3 times, Dexter bowled in 2 of those matches but never opened the bowling.

One of those was the 1965 Lords test against New Zealand, which was also Fred Trueman's last match for England. He took the new ball, which seems reasonable, but what looks strange now is that Dexter was brought on first change before Snow. Presumably it made sense at the time given the conditions etc., even if it didn't work (Dexter took 0/27, Snow 2/27).
Good research. Cheers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here