Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live from Question Time......

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Really? He just hates the Tories; that's all.

I've always been a massive fan of coogan. Even got a pic up in my house of me and him when I met him.

Politically he's a nob though. Just anti tory for the sake of it. Making out that every tory thinks every non-tory is a pleb. Twat.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Oh that was you?!?! Hope I didn't come across too much of a bellend!!

Not on that occasion but later when you talked about certain subjects at school not being compulsory, virtually the whole row I was sitting on went WTF - obviously all teachers.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Not on that occasion but later when you talked about certain subjects at school not being compulsory, virtually the whole row I was sitting on went WTF - obviously all teachers.

Ah lol - admittedly I did combined sciences when I was at school - and PE was a non compulsory subject!!!! Woops!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It was ridiculous how the entire panel, but coogan in particular shit themselves and did their best to avoid answering the question over whether the police failed to properly investigate the rochdale child groomers due to over sensitivity towards local muslims.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Kirsty Allsnob was a complete embarrassment. As other posters have said, I like Cooghan, but there wasn't much substance to his blinkered anti-tory rhetoric.

Tim Hodges - was that you looking frisky in the open collared white and light blue paisley-ish patterned shirt?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Why not on a train?

Tony Blair travelled from Brighton to Victoria after the Twin Towers attack back in 2001 as it was the fastest way back to Downing Street. He often came down to Conferences by train along with other government ministers.

Did he bollocks. I was on the train down from Victoria that Blair arrived at the 2001 Party Conference - a few weeks after 9/11 - on. Back half of the last carriage was sealed off (doors wouldn't open). I was in the front half. Strange I thought. The supposed fast train stopped at Hassocks - equally strange - and Blair and some minders/aides - about a dozen people in all - pile on. Train pulls into platform 7 at Brighton alongside a throng of press photographers on the internal road (where a ministerial car awaits him) taking pictures of Mr Tony to run with "look how good for the environment and unphased by terrorists Blair is, he's caught the train down to Brighton". Yeah, apart from the first 90% of the journey where he was actually in a gas-guzzling armour-plated limo. The smarmy specious mendacious (and lots of other words that I don't really know what they mean) bullshiter of the decade. Grrr.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Did he bollocks. I was on the train down from Victoria that Blair arrived at the 2001 Party Conference - a few weeks after 9/11 - on. Back half of the last carriage was sealed off (doors wouldn't open). I was in the front half. Strange I thought. The supposed fast train stopped at Hassocks - equally strange - and Blair and some minders/aides - about a dozen people in all - pile on. Train pulls into platform 7 at Brighton alongside a throng of press photographers on the internal road (where a ministerial car awaits him) taking pictures of Mr Tony to run with "look how good for the environment and unphased by terrorists Blair is, he's caught the train down to Brighton". Yeah, apart from the first 90% of the journey where he was actually in a gas-guzzling armour-plated limo. The smarmy specious mendacious (and lots of other words that I don't really know what they mean) bullshiter of the decade. Grrr.

Erm.. read my post again. :)

This was Brighton to Victoria on 11/9/2001 at the TUC conference.

It is strange that he jumped on at Hassocks in your example. But he did quite often get the train straight from Victoria and jump into his car on the internal road as you mention, right outside my office in the blue wooden building that straddles platform 7/8

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It was ridiculous how the entire panel, but coogan in particular shit themselves and did their best to avoid answering the question over whether the police failed to properly investigate the rochdale child groomers due to over sensitivity towards local muslims.

I think it's more ridiculous how little press coverage there's been of the two white groups of child groomers that have been in court the last week.

Out of interest why do you think it took the authorities so long to investigate them?

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Yeah I used to work in coffee shop which he would come into a lot. He is very arrogant and rude. One customer walked up to him asked him if he could have an autograph and Coogan shouted NO! in a loud voice in the blokes face. He has no class whatsoever, shame as I like his comedy and have been to see him twice but after meeting him I find myself turning something else on if he's on TV.

Except about 8 years ago - he saved the Hanover Centre from going bust with a largish cheque - there was never any publicity about it.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
maybe Coogan has a point though eh?

article-2180095-144023C8000005DC-858_964x637.jpg

George Osbourne on the left..
Spot Borris Johnsons brother too.. (number 8)

I cant help but agree that these toffs would think of us scoomers and deaners as plebs !

Google 'Bullingdon Club' These are the people running the country.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Imagine the uproar if they had said the "M" word :ohmy:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
They locked the doors at 18:55. Why would Alexander 1) Being arriving in Brighton after being here all week. 2) A government minister on a train?

You sure it wasn't Aled Jones?

Government ministers often go on trains. Even the PM takes the train sometimes.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
View attachment 34904

George Osbourne on the left..
Spot Borris Johnsons brother too.. (number 8)

I cant help but agree that these toffs would think of us scoomers and deaners as plebs !

Google 'Bullingdon Club' These are the people running the country.

To be fair this has been going on since the dawn of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here