Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Littlehampton Town - off to Wembley

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The more the merrier.

Would be nice for the club if a few that have never been and are going to Wembley watch their league games next season, this is when they will need fans.

C0D84C3D-4CB5-4A33-B4F7-E577D6F192DC.jpeg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Doesn’t your ticket get you a seat for all of ‘Finals Day’, I.e. the Trophy and Vase finals?

So you can cheers on LA and meet Ryan Reynolds.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Congratulations Littlehampton Town - off to Wembley. Shame its the same day we play WHU at home as I'm sure some Sussex fans would have gone to London. Also somewhat daft why play the final on the last day of the PL season?

Absolutely, many congrats to the Marigolds, not just a narrow win yesterday either, 4-0!

And as you say, why on earth play the final on the last day of the Premier League season? it will undoubtadly stop many fans from making the trip down Wembley Way.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Great result and hopefully take a few fans up for the day / let’s hope our last home game is meaningless so get a few Sussex Albion fans up to support

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Hopefully financial gains from this game can set up Littlehampton fc to go forward for a few seasons. Is the leading scorer fit again

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Can I add my experiences to the mix. I have attended all the first 50 Trophy finals and many of the Vase finals. Failing mobility and the pandemic prevented me going in the last couple of seasons. It's only in recent years that both finals have been on the same day. Wembley has never been more than half full even with four sets of fans except when the new Wembley had its first competitive match. I have never booked a ticket in advance and have always purchased one on the day from the box office with a choice of which crowd section of the ground I wish to sit. I have never failed to see matches due to the stadium being full. The Vase final is usually the first played with quite a long interval before the Trophy match. This is to allow for penalties if the first match ends as a draw. The restrictions on bag size is similar to the Amex and the contents of bottles are poured into plastic "glasses".

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Can I add my experiences to the mix. I have attended all the first 50 Trophy finals and many of the Vase finals. Failing mobility and the pandemic prevented me going in the last couple of seasons. It's only in recent years that both finals have been on the same day. Wembley has never been more than half full even with four sets of fans except when the new Wembley had its first competitive match. I have never booked a ticket in advance and have always purchased one on the day from the box office with a choice of which crowd section of the ground I wish to sit. I have never failed to see matches due to the stadium being full. The Vase final is usually the first played with quite a long interval before the Trophy match. This is to allow for penalties if the first match ends as a draw. The restrictions on bag size is similar to the Amex and the contents of bottles are poured into plastic "glasses".

Completely off topic, but your final sentence got me thinking, why can't the contents of a Coke or Fanta bottle be poured into a plastic glass once the top has had to be removed?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was at the semi final yesterday - cracking atmosphere and Littlehampton were in control throughout.

Felt dreadful for the LA player in the final few minutes who appeared to break his arm right in front of us. Poor guy missing the Wembley final.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Only just discovered this thread as was posting in the Non-League thread :facepalm:

So a few brief additions to the discussion.

Totally deserved win yesterday. Men against boys, literally.

The rumour is that Shay Wiggans has broken his elbow, which is a real shame for him and the team. Joe Benn was named on the bench yesterday, so he will hopefully be back on the pitch soon to add to his 56 goals for the season.

Crowds for the Vase games have increased by around 1,000 with every round. The attendance, mentioned above, of 352 for the Uckfield game is still very good for a County League game, by the way. But I take the point that it would be nice to see the average gate go up as a result of the Vase run.

I'm pretty sure the allocation of ca 7,000 will sell out. The whole town is buzzing and loads of the Sussex non-league football 'family' will want to be there. The other teams to have qualified for non-league finals day are Wrexham, who reckon they'll bring at least 30,000, Bromley (claiming 20,000) and Newport Pagnell - who are in a similar position to ourselves as a first time finalist. So I wouldn't take it as a given that tickets will be freely available on the day.

And yes, I am going to Eastbourne on Tuesday!

Be great if they win it having been drubbed 5-0 in an early round

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here