Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Little signs that you might just be losing it :0/

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Once made myself late for work and also very angry because I spent nearly 30mins looking for my glasses when I was wearing them the whole time.

I've found myself trying to put glasses on when I already have a pair on.

Having said that clock repairer on The Repair Shop has made a career out of it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I have stood over the full sink recently with a dirty cup in one hand and a clean knife and fork in the other and simply not known what to do with any of it or in what order :lolol::blush:

Oh that's daily for me.

Using computers for years (since the 80s) I've suffered nerve damage in my right arm. I've just got used to it now and it's settled down, but when it flared up originally I was in a right state with all sorts of nerve induction tests and treatment.

I taught myself to use a mouse in my left hand but the side effect that was (for a years) I became "ambidextrous" and what an annoyance that is.

Unfortunately with two dominant hands I couldn't decide which one to use in common situations and would often find myself opening a door with the worst option. If I had a cup of coffee in my hand opening it resembled a cross between twister and Auld Lang Syne.

I've sorted the door thing, but left and right are still an issue, especially with taps.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yogurt pot in sink, spoon in the bin.

Yep, done that.

Things like this possibly pre-existed the nerve condition, but I can't be bothered to find out, but it's definitely made them worse.

What I've learnt in all seriousness is that I have to avoid anyone with OCD tendencies because I drive them mad.

In my world things don't have a home they are simply where I last left them. I am in a constant state of confusion with "things" but it doesn't bother me a jot.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Driving an automatic, changing "gears" by going into reverse while driving. Could've been catastrophic. I'm in my 30's.

Reading a page of a book/a newspaper article, and then realising I took absolutely none of it in and have no idea what I just read, despite understanding it at the time. Forgetting films within days/hours.

I think a lot of mine are due to medication for being a MENTALIST, as this never used to happen.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Oh that's daily for me.

Using computers for years (since the 80s) I've suffered nerve damage in my right arm. I've just got used to it now and it's settled down, but when it flared up originally I was in a right state with all sorts of nerve induction tests and treatment.

I taught myself to use a mouse in my left hand but the side effect that was (for a years) I became "ambidextrous" and what an annoyance that is.

Unfortunately with two dominant hands I couldn't decide which one to use in common situations and would often find myself opening a door with the worst option. If I had a cup of coffee in my hand opening it resembled a cross between twister and Auld Lang Syne.

I've sorted the door thing, but left and right are still an issue, especially with taps.

Don’t know what you are complaining about I would give my right arm to be ambidextrous……………Taxi

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'd proudly finished my new patio and was just about to take a couple of photos of my fine achievement, when I realised I'd left my wife's dead body still sitting in the sun chair.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I drove to Kent for a work meeting and discovered when I got there that I’d put the TV remote in my pocket instead of my mobile phone

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Three times round the house checking the doors and windows are shut before finally being convinced I’ve locked up and it’s safe to leave the house.

I will then reach the front door, at which point my bladder will insist that I urgently need a wee, however recently I’ve had one.

My body and mind are conspiring to keep me permanently at home. This has crept in over the last year and drives me nuts.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ha! Good thread. Generally forgetting things I've already done.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
During that brief sunny spell we had a few weeks back (sometimes referred to as "British Summer" I believe), I had loads of mozzies congregating in their little swarms all around the garden and patio. I went to town on them, basically committing mass mosquito genocide as I floated around our lawn like your Roger Federer, elegantly dispatching them with a forehand and backhand swish, or sometimes an overhand serve.

You're quite right. The static crackle of taking them out - with additional attractive blue flash in the dusk - is one of the most satisfying things I've experienced since I came across a reem of bubble wrap in an alleyway in Bolton (long story).

Now I'm absolutely hankering for a bluebottle or a WASP. Bring it on.

I haven't seen any this year, but the last few years we've had a lot of bats in our garden hoovering up the gnats which emerge from the pond I believe.

For in house hunting, I'm a fan of the elastic band method, very satifying when you take a fly down. :rolleyes:

I seem to be continually walking from workshop to house, or vice versa then forgetting why, returning to the starting point, rememberering, then going again . . . . I think it's 'ooh look, a squirrel' syndrome

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ha! Good thread. Generally forgetting things I've already done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here