Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Little Richard RIP

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The rock n roll shouter from Macon Georgia... for me, one of the four premier league rockers of the 1950s. I saw him perform in Brighton at the start of his comeback tour - he pretended to have a heart attack whilst standing on top of his piano.

The other three were Fats Domino, Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry. Some may disagree.

I would certainly agree that Little Richard was up there. A fantastic combination of energy, excitement and talent.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Do like a bit of Sam Cooke

LR.jpg

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If you get the chance, David Hepworth's brilliant 'Uncommon People: The Rise and Fall of the Rock Stars 1955-1994' starts with the man himself.

Interesting listen/read.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Holy Moly! What an amazing night that was at Brighton Hip.And all for about ten Bob. What would We give now to see such a show.

Little Richard ...what a performer! Truly one of the greats and a definite founding father of rock n roll. RIP indeed.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Watch Little Richard inducting Otis Redding into the music hall of fame on YouTube,pure lunacy,what a character.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Was that the Concert where Gene Vincent sang in the audience as he didn't have the required permission to sing from the stage? Officially he wasn't there.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Was that the Concert where Gene Vincent sang in the audience as he didn't have the required permission to sing from the stage? Officially he wasn't there.

I don't remember that although as my ticket cost six shillings I was probably a bit light-headed. I did see Gene Vincent perform at the Downs Hotel in Hassocks though. Surreal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here