Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Little old Brighton

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I see a few posters losing their nerve. Our squad is about to be plundered by Big Boys. It is only a matter of time before we will be playing away at Rushden and Diamonds on a Tuesday night, again.

Come on, people. We have morphed from Championship nearly boys, to constipated U formation EPL bores, to Potter's performance art project to.....

Well, a club run in the right way, and a joy to behold. That doesn't mean plucky. It means smart. And the head of the Hydra is the owner. When key people need to go they are replaced - with upgrades. That's whether they decide to leave or are sent away.

So recently we find ourselves with players of interest. We sold one for more money than all the other players we ever sold before, added together. And after that we fell apart. Oh, hang on, no we didn't. We just got better. Not because we sold White, but just because. That is what we seem to be doing, now.

And, guess what? Decent clubs have players they sell. Happens all the time. Get used to it.

We will have setbacks of course. But let's not start getting over wrought. Over tired. Shitting our pants. Micky Adams said 'keep the faith'. We did, Sadly for him, he didn't. Or couldn't.

The club is now a hydra, albeit with one head that is not for removal, not now anyway, even if two might grow in its place. With the head of Mr Bloom the rest of the hydra will keep on growing.

So if we sell a few players, so what? It's all part of the plan, a plan I can't prejudge, because unlike our owner I don't have that sort of mental or financial bus fare.

Alright, people will still moan, fret and bleat. All I can say is, I won't. I'm happy and I trust the boss. If only I could say similar in other contexts :wink:

:thumbsup:

Great post!

Although I’m sure Tony Bloom would prefer you had chosen a more attractive creature for you analogy.

Also [MENTION=41643]Eric the meek[/MENTION] was great in his observations. Top posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

el punal

Funny old game BDB’s on his way and all of a sudden he had mistakes in him, can only play under GP, will get found out etc. personally I was thinking was there a way back for Dunk at the moment BDB has been excellent.

Referring back to my post - prior to Dunk’s absence I thought BDB, however committed, had a mistake in him and definitely not suddenly. In fact, since Christmas, Dan has hardly put a foot wrong. On that basis I am sorry to see him leave. It is true though that certain players flourish under certain managers, Dan Burn has under Graham Potter without a doubt. Another example would have been Liam Bridcutt under Gus Poyet.

I wish Dan Burn all the best but he’s joining an unforgiving club and the pressure for him to succeed will be enormous. I hope, for his sake, he does.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Referring back to my post - prior to Dunk’s absence I thought BDB, however committed, had a mistake in him and definitely not suddenly. In fact, since Christmas, Dan has hardly put a foot wrong. On that basis I am sorry to see him leave. It is true though that certain players flourish under certain managers, Dan Burn has under Graham Potter without a doubt. Another example would have been Liam Bridcutt under Gus Poyet.

I wish Dan Burn all the best but he’s joining an unforgiving club and the pressure for him to succeed will be enormous. I hope, for his sake, he does.
The mistakes only came at Left back which he struggled at, CB he’s been good. One of the nice guys left in the game unfortunately moving on.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Funny old game BDB’s on his way and all of a sudden he had mistakes in him, can only play under GP, will get found out etc. personally I was thinking was there a way back for Dunk at the moment BDB has been excellent.

Speaking as someone who had mentioned some of the things you are highlighting, for me it was a fear/suspicion that these things might happen rather than an assertion that they would.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Speaking as someone who had mentioned some of the things you are highlighting, for me it was a fear/suspicion that these things might happen rather than an assertion that they would.

That what it was like with Lewis Dunk. Until he improved and eliminated those errors from his game. Which is what Dan Burn appears to have done.

Newcastle have got a Premier League-quality versatile left sided defender for £13 million, and in today's market they've done well. I suspect if we didn't have a stack of up and coming central defenders we wouldn't have sold.

My expectation is that with Trippier, Burn, Guimaraes and Wood they will have enough to survive. It is therefore crucial to Burnley that they get the Wieghorst deal over the line if they are to have any chance of survival.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Newcastle have to hit top six form to stay up, personally hoping they don’t survive. They just annoy me haven’t won anything for donkeys years yet still touted as this massive club, Burnley with 60k fans.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dan Burn was useful, but the near-30-year-old was standing in the way of another £1m-to-£50m player development project...

:lolol: :bowdown:

BBC still says Newcastle 'set to' sign him. I assume that this is the usual process of not saying anything till the deal is done (followed by not releasing much information about the deal). Anyone would think our owner might be a poker player ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here