Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Little man syndrome?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So this is descending into yet another partisan party political mud-slinging row on which neither side will ever agree, rather than just about an pretty unpleasant high profile man who on the face of the evidence so far appears to have been a workplace bully?

Another thread to avoid I guess

Yep the bloke from Hertfordshire with Zero credibility will be along soon…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I think Bercow was an appalling Speaker, biased and rude and should have been sacked long ago. But to ban him from parliament because he shouts at his staff twice a year? Is there never a point when as an employee, we need to decide that our boss isn't a nice man and we need to get another job?

What happens when everyone who has ever worked for Gordon Ramsey, sues him? He'll be bankrupt. Not to mention banned from every food establishment in the country!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What happened to Priti Patel when she was found to have broken ministerial code after allegations of bullying ? £300k of tax payers money compo to the victim to [emoji849]

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Still think he was better at the job than the current incumbent who did and said nothing when Johnson lied to the House about Starmer failing to prosecute Saville. Then when Blackwood accused our wonderful PM of lying, Mr Speaker suspended him. Go figure.

Seems you can lie but if someone then points out that you have lied, the accuser gets suspended on this Speaker's watch.

Must admit I liked Bercow's theatrics as Speaker; brightened the place up. But dear Betty was the dogs.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
So this is descending into yet another partisan party political mud-slinging row on which neither side will ever agree, rather than just about an pretty unpleasant high profile man who on the face of the evidence so far appears to have been a workplace bully?

Bry, some of us on here have been happily avoiding them for well over 20 years now.

I don't feel that we've particularly missed out. :smile:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I think it is more about double standards when one proven bully has been banned from the House whereas another proven bully continues in the House and on the front bench.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At the Goldstone, when I was a young lad, and when a short ref would emerge from the tunnel, my father would always lean over to me and say “you know what sort of game you’re going to get with him”.

He was always right as well.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Unless of course it’s reporting on Dominic Cummings stories about the PM [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Mail also named Stephen Lawrence killers, and dared them to sue for libel.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Bercow was also a member of the Monday Club as a young man, a right wing pressure group among Tory MPs that is anti non whit, immigration.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I apologise, I should have added meat to the bone when starting the thread, would a mod please amend.
“Labour party member and celebrity short pants banned from the Palace of Westminster “
Many thanks [emoji1303]

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I apologise, I should have added meat to the bone when starting the thread, would a mod please amend.
“Labour party member and celebrity short pants band from the Palace of Westminster “
Many thanks [emoji1303]

I think you mean banned

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I think you mean banned

Unless he thinks AC/DC were planning on going?

gettyimages-544736017-1024x1024.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I was looking to see which ref this referred to. I didn't expect a Labour politician, albeit a hardly surprising one.

Tory politician at the time, or rather Tory party member, as the speaker is supposed to be impartial.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Still think he was better at the job than the current incumbent who did and said nothing when Johnson lied to the House about Starmer failing to prosecute Saville. Then when Blackwood accused our wonderful PM of lying, Mr Speaker suspended him. Go figure.

Seems you can lie but if someone then points out that you have lied, the accuser gets suspended on this Speaker's watch.

Must admit I liked Bercow's theatrics as Speaker; brightened the place up. But dear Betty was the dogs.

Betty and Bernie would also have chucked Blackwood out for the day for that, and the current chap, Lindsay, did tell Johnson his comment was inappropriate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here