Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Little help please

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Here, there and every where
If you, or anyone in your family has been to either BHASVIC or Varndean college recently i'd like to know what you think of them, as i am filling in my applications, and both looked good on the open evenings.

So, any good? Teachers good?

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
You should go to Haywards Heath, and become a part of Russell Strutt's Barmy Army. :clap:

If it helps, people who i know who go there say it is a good college, but then again you're best asking people who are or have been there.

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Berty_G said:
You should go to Haywards Heath, and become a part of Russell Strutt's Barmy Army. :clap:

If it helps, people who i know who go there say it is a good college, but then again you're best asking people who are or have been there.

yeah, i asked the people at the open evening, but there hardly going to say bad things about it.

Just wondering if anyone on here had been to either. Thanks

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
I'm at Varndean now. Its a decent college, the teachers are decent apart from one PE teacher who is a bitch. If you are considering PE, its worth noting that its 80% theory, you'll be spending more time in the classroom than out playing football.

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Dawsey said:
I'm at Varndean now. Its a decent college, the teachers are decent apart from one PE teacher who is a bitch. If you are considering PE, its worth noting that its 80% theory, you'll be spending more time in the classroom than out playing football.

do you know much about Geography or Computing? There the main ones i want to do.

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
Don't do either of them but I did do ICT. Don't do it, its a bitch of a course.

If you have any other questions just ask

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
BHASVIC's excellent, I left there in the summer and had a great time. The teachers are good and also very nice - including Lewes DC planning councillor Neil Commin who was my tutor and aside from his one abbheration a very nice dude. I can honestly say that aside from uni at the moment, the two years there were the best of my life as I met loads of great people and also got a very good education.

What subjects are you thinking of doing? In my experience certain departments are better than others...

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
samparish said:
BHASVIC's excellent, I left there in the summer and had a great time. The teachers are good and also very nice - including Lewes DC planning councillor Neil Commin who was my tutor and aside from his one abbheration a very nice dude. I can honestly say that aside from uni at the moment, the two years there were the best of my life as I met loads of great people and also got a very good education.

What subjects are you thinking of doing? In my experience certain departments are better than others...

any 4 out of these:

Geography
Computing
Chemistry
Law
History
ICT

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Del Boy said:
any 4 out of these:

Geography
Computing
Chemistry
Law
History
ICT

I did Geography at AS and to be honest didn't enjoy it much, but I know some other people who thought it was excellent.

I know nothing about computing or chemistry but have mates who did them and enjoyed them (I think)

Law is very good. I found the course very interesting, and the teachers are very good and on the whole very funny as well - AS Law lessons involved easily as much laughing as actual work. Highly recommended. But not as highly as...

History, which I think is SUPERB there. Obviously I'm biased because I love the subject and am studying it at university but nevertheless I really enjoyed it there. They have changed the course since I did it, but talking to the head of history (who is a top bloke) I probably would have preferred to do the new one. All the History teachers are excellent there, though watch out for Mr Akers who actually sings songs about history in lessons, accompanied by his guitar.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Varndean birds are the FITTEST mrrrrrrrrrf

great tutors , great courses and did i mention the fit birds?

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
samparish said:
I did Geography at AS and to be honest didn't enjoy it much, but I know some other people who thought it was excellent.

I know nothing about computing or chemistry but have mates who did them and enjoyed them (I think)

Law is very good. I found the course very interesting, and the teachers are very good and on the whole very funny as well - AS Law lessons involved easily as much laughing as actual work. Highly recommended. But not as highly as...

History, which I think is SUPERB there. Obviously I'm biased because I love the subject and am studying it at university but nevertheless I really enjoyed it there. They have changed the course since I did it, but talking to the head of history (who is a top bloke) I probably would have preferred to do the new one. All the History teachers are excellent there, though watch out for Mr Akers who actually sings songs about history in lessons, accompanied by his guitar.

Cool, thanks for that. I definitely want to do Geography, so you can't convince me not to, but the other stuff has helped, thanks

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Dawsey said:
I did see the picture. If I see a 3 foot 6 kid walking around the college next September, I'll say hello :D
hes 3 foot 5 !

still hes a good lad, looks up to Leon Knight :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here