Fulking
Barcombe

Or too many others to list.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Set of Tracksuits said:
I lived in Henfield, always thought it was a nice place.

It was 41 years ago when it still had a station and twice hourly bus services and before all the Gatwick employees moved in.

My Dad was born and bred (& died) in Henfield although he spent 33 years at sea.

I love Shoreham. I was born there and would love to return to that side but the difference in house prices was just a step too far.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm happy in Seaford.

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
Strike said:
Well if I had my way, I would love to live in one of the pretty villages, near Brighton like

Here are my favs
Ditchling
Plumpton
Falmer
Hurstpierpoint
Cuckfield

any other suggestions?

I live in Ditchling :clap2:
It is a very nice place, though there isn't really that much to do for young people and the public transport is a bit crap. The pubs are quite nice, there used to be four pubs but now we're down to two,

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I'm biased but East Preston really is a delightful little village, with more decent pubs than some Sussex towns. Has anyone on here ever been there?

Other than that it has to be Arundel.

Its all about who's got the best countryside and best pubs really isn't it, and on that criteria Arundel wins hands down from the places I've visited.

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
I like Forest Row but couldn't afford the house prices!!

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
There is only one place to live and that is Brighton.

Not Whitehawk, Woodingdean or any of the other scummy council estates that they have added on over the years, but Brighton itself.

Jameson

Seagull_Stew said:
Cooden, Arundel and anywhere East of Hastings and South of Hawkhurst (The Rye area).

Believe me the people in the Rye area are barking. Shame 'cos the town centre is nice. Bloody miles from anywhere though.

I'm moving to Little Common soon :D

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I grew up in Henfield. A very dull place.

Except for Brighton itself I don't think Sussex is a good place for young people to live. All these little villages and towns maybe pretty but there's nothing to do.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have lived in Amberley, Bexhill, Forest Row, Rottingdean, Peacehaven, Brighton, Erdington and Shoreham-by-Sea.

Amberley would be my favourite I suppose when I was younger but Shoreham-by-Sea is easily the best now as I get older.

Good for the kids as well, plenty to do.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Have lived in East Grinstead and Uckfield - both unique in their own right.

Hope to return one day, perhaps Lewes, or just off the Downs so I can look down onto the sea, or perhaps overlooking the new stadium at Falmer...

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Strike said:
Well if I had my way, I would love to live in one of the pretty villages, near Brighton like

Here are my favs
Ditchling
Plumpton
Falmer
Hurstpierpoint
Cuckfield

any other suggestions?

I thought it would be anywhere with your strawberry blonde mate ?

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
I here Falmer is a nice place.I would love to have a home there that I could go to as a weekend home every couple of weeks.Mainly in the winter but use it for some outdoor events in the summer a couple of times a year.
Falmer the best place in Sussex,no other sites measure up to it.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
tadley gull said:
Have lived in East Grinstead and Uckfield - both unique in their own right.

Hope to return one day, perhaps Lewes, or just off the Downs so I can look down onto the sea, or perhaps overlooking the new stadium at Falmer...

Have worked in both places and they aren't bad. East Grinstead town centre is a bit shitty but the outskirts are very scenic. A few too many scientologists for my liking though. :shootself

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Lord Bracknell said:
All of them delightful.
Was that before or after you moved out? :lolol:

I'd love a holiday cottage in Falmer village. Parties at the weekends, walking to footy, letting the dog roam free annoying the ducks...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here