List of nice places to live in Sussex

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lord Bracknell said:
Erdington?

What? In Brum?

I used to work at the Co-op in Erdington High Street.

Indeed LB - a five year sojourn in the Midlands from around 1988 - 1993.

Used to shop in the Co-Op in Erdington as well, left soon after our first was born, the prospects of him supporting "The Blues" and singing "Keep right on to the end of the road" was too much to bear. Mind you we were around two miles from Villa park so who knows what team he might have supported, his mother could not stand the prospect of him talking Brummie hence the repatriation.

Happy days as we were married when living in Birmingham but actually tied the knot back in Brighton, I am pretty certain we travelled the furthest to our own wedding.

When did you work there ?

Beach Hut said:
When did you work there ?
I started with a Saturday job when I was still at school and then worked full time between school and leaving to come to Sussex University in 1966.

That was the nearest anyone got to a "gap year" in those days.

I generally managed to avoid Villa Park (apart from the World Cup games played there, of course), but must confess to regular trips down the Coventry Road to see the Small Heath Aces.

Incidentally, how many people know that Krispies used to be a Blues fan?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albion Edd said:
I live in Ditchling :clap2:
It is a very nice place, though there isn't really that much to do for young people and the public transport is a bit crap. The pubs are quite nice, there used to be four pubs but now we're down to two,

i play football for them, pubs are good indeed

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lord Bracknell said:
Incidentally, how many people know that Krispies used to be a Blues fan?

Not many I suppose

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Rottingdean Rocks but only when the traffic lights go to green. A village pond with real ducks and five pubs........Time stans still and it's only a three minute drive to Brighton.:bounce:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Town Farm Estate in Hailsham, craps all over Scoomy for scariness.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Crowborough

May 26, 2004
Hassocks
HASSOCKS!

50 mins from London, 12 mins to central Brighton, 35 minutes to the M25, and a village with every type of shop you would want. Good schools for mini-armchair when he's old enough....I think we also have room for a footy stadium, but we're outside the boundary!

Alternatively, Lewes is cool and Seaford's, well, sleepy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here