Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lionel Dunk?

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
Another impressive performance from Dunk last night against Sunderland, looks very promising for the premier league, maybe future england?

In my opinion what ive seen of him so far this season, he looks like albion's best centre back. Very tall, strong, composed on the ball, reads the game well. Plus hes only 19 years old. El-Abd and Elphick aren't anywhere near as good as him, and i think i prefer him to Greer.

For a guy that only played one game last season away to tranmere, which was 1-1, he has come a hell of a way.

He still has alot to learn as he is so young but do you think albion can keep hold of him? or do you think he will move on? Someone will notice him soon, if he keeps pulling up performances.

No doubt Gus has helped him in the way he wants albion to play but Dunk defintely has alot of potential to play at a very high level.

I hope he stays with us though, could be our John Terry of Brighton.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I think it's too early to be talking about moving to a bigger club. After all, the way things are going right now, he could be a Premier League player next season without having to move

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
He played more than one game last season ???

It's quite nice knowing that three out of our four centre backs came through our youth system.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I wouldn't say he was better than Greer, but he certainly compliments him very well. No doubt if he reigns in the amount of cards he gets, doesn't get injured and keeps his place, he could be the best CB we have.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Having watched all the games this season bar last night's which I couldn't make it is clear to me he is up to it, but not yet in the same class as Greer. One of the joys that I think many will have had so far this season is seeing young Dunk mature in front of our eyes alongside Greer and he has become more and more composed each game. He has made a few errors but I think so strong has he been otherwise it is now unlikely El-Abd will come straight back into the team.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Lionel?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
lionel-richie.jpg

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Another impressive performance from Dunk last night against Sunderland, looks very promising for the premier league, maybe future england?

In my opinion what ive seen of him so far this season, he looks like albion's best centre back. Very tall, strong, composed on the ball, reads the game well. Plus hes only 19 years old. El-Abd and Elphick aren't anywhere near as good as him, and i think i prefer him to Greer.

For a guy that only played one game last season away to tranmere, which was 1-1, he has come a hell of a way.

He still has alot to learn as he is so young but do you think albion can keep hold of him? or do you think he will move on? Someone will notice him soon, if he keeps pulling up performances.

No doubt Gus has helped him in the way he wants albion to play but Dunk defintely has alot of potential to play at a very high level.

I hope he stays with us though, could be our John Terry of Brighton.

Mrs Painter better beware.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here