Lion Hunter criticised for killing "beautiful" animal (her words)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Right, so it's only OK to interfere in other countires affairs when it suits your agenda. That's what it comes down to.

Which is fair enough, if that's how you roll.

Nothing to do with my agenda, but there are some thing that the majority of people in the world think are worth saving and things are put in place to make sure they are not destroyed. Things like endangered animals and world heritage sites.

Just because it is your opinion that people should be able to do exactly what they want and consider the world around them a 'resource' with no concern for the consequences doesn't mean that everybody else does.

Clearly people on this thread feel that Lions are not just a expendable resource but something that should be protected from needless killing for some dopey tart to grin over on facebook.

You are of course welcome to your opinion but why spend so much time trying to change everybody else's, whilst simultaneously accusing them of doing the same.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Bleeding heart lefty tree hugging hand wringers.

How does objecting to an animal being killed for no good reason make you left wing ? For what it's worth, this right winger rather hopes this pointless woman dies fairly soon - we can do with less of her kind on this planet.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Nothing to do with my agenda, but there are some thing that the majority of people in the world think are worth saving and things are put in place to make sure they are not destroyed. Things like endangered animals and world heritage sites.

Just because it is your opinion that people should be able to do exactly what they want and consider the world around them a 'resource' with no concern for the consequences doesn't mean that everybody else does.

Clearly people on this thread feel that Lions are not just a expendable resource but something that should be protected from needless killing for some dopey tart to grin over on facebook.

You are of course welcome to your opinion but why spend so much time trying to change everybody else's, whilst simultaneously accusing them of doing the same.

Well if you'd put "only agreeable opinions please" then I'd not have posted. Keep forgetting some people don't want discussion, they just want a sycophantic slap on the back and total agreeance on everything.

Apologies.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's all part and parcel of some cultures. As I pointed out, hunting in the UK for the most part was for the upper classes and they ruled this with a heavy hand.

Many other cultures however hunting is very much ingrained within that society because it formed a big part of daily life for food, making money and sport.

People are applying their cultural opinion to it and expecting all and sundry to think and act like they do. The world doesn't work like that.

Well if you'd put "only agreeable opinions please" then I'd not have posted. Keep forgetting some people don't want discussion, they just want a sycophantic slap on the back and total agreeance on everything.

Apologies.

Not me who started accusing people of trying to make others act and think like they do. Your opinion is welcome, as I said. Just pointing out the irony and hypocrisy .

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not me who started accusing people of trying to make others act and think like they do. Your opinion is welcome, as I said. Just pointing out the irony and hypocrisy .

There's none to be pointed too. People have called for it to be banned. For the woman to be killed for doing something completely legal and by the laws of that land. If that's not trying to dictate how others think and act I don't know what is. That's where my issue lies, not with having an opinion of dislike for hunting.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There's none to be pointed too. People have called for it to be banned. For the woman to be killed for doing something completely legal and by the laws of that land. If that's not trying to dictate how others think and act I don't know what is. That's where my issue lies, not with having an opinion of dislike for hunting.

If that is the case I will leave you to continue your discussions with the people who have said the things you disagree with, I am off to bed.

Good luck bringing them round to your way of thinking.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Love the irony of white Australians claiming it's perfectly acceptable to shoot anything that isn't a native species in the country. Maybe the Aborigines should use the same ideology.

What irony? It was your people who did it genius.

So yeah, let them shoot any Brit tourists then if that'll make you happy.

Just to clarify this bit, then, given your response to Commander's analogy - I take it you only shoot first generation interlopers. Feral kittens, perhap? - and that 5th, 6th generation feral cats are 'native' / okay?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You find them beautiful, I don't really think much of them. I'd not want to shoot one because to me they are shaggy mangy looking things.

Oh, and this bit please. You appear to be saying that if you DID find them beautiful, then you would be more disposed to killing them? Do you really not see how fu.cked up that is?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Just to clarify this bit, then, given your response to Commander's analogy - I take it you only shoot first generation interlopers. Feral kittens, perhap? - and that 5th, 6th generation feral cats are 'native' / okay?

There's no such thing as native feral cats. If a cat isn't collared and registered with the council it's a feral cat.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Oh, and this bit please. You appear to be saying that if you DID find them beautiful, then you would be more disposed to killing them? Do you really not see how fu.cked up that is?

I have the horns of a Water Buffalo I shot mounted and hanging on the shed wall. People love looking at them. I would only shoot what I would like to hunt. I have no desire to hunt Lions.

Would shoot a croc though if it was legal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Keep forgetting some people don't want discussion, they just want a sycophantic slap on the back and total agreeance on everything.
That's what this stupid bitch wanted when she posted a picture of the amazing Lion she'd killed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have the horns of a Water Buffalo I shot mounted and hanging on the shed wall. People love looking at them. I would only shoot what I would like to hunt. I have no desire to hunt Lions.

Would shoot a croc though if it was legal.

So to clarify - if you DID find lions stunningly beautiful, that would make you wish to kill one?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports