Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lion Hunter criticised for killing "beautiful" animal (her words)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Tyronne, if you think this silly bitch did anything more than Badfish suggested, then you are the clueless one on the subject of this type of hunting. She would have been put in front of the beast, so probably Badfishes summing up is probably spot on. Whilst I agree that hunting in the true sense is an amazing skill, there is absolutely no skill in this type of "game" hunting. In fact to call it hunting is an insult to the word.

Believe me I am as far from a bleeding heart tree hugging lefty as they come, but I fail to see why anyone can get any pleasure from doing this type of hunting. Pathetic is only label I can put on this type of people.

Go out into the wood with a 12 bore shotgun and shoot a rabbit or pigeon or whatever else and eat it, then fine, I've no problem with that, or go and hunt a lion to feed your village, then fair play to them, but to kill an animal, any animal, just for the pleasure of it, without any skill being used, then I'm afraid they are more than a bit sick in the head.

This entirely.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What you describe is left wing ideology tainted and corrupted by those very right virtues of greed and power. The left wing ideology I believe in is based peace acceptance and allowing people to be who they are.

You don't accept this persons wish to shoot a lion nor accept who she is, you're in fact stating many negative things about her based on your ideology. You'd have it banned by enforaceable laws and penalities if you could. Thus you are set down the path of being everything you claim the left aren't yet they so easily revert to.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You don't accept this persons wish to shoot a lion nor accept who she is, you're in fact stating many negative things about her based on your ideology. You'd have it banned by enforaceable laws and penalities if you could. Thus you are set down the path of being everything you claim the left aren't yet they so easily revert to.

You are putting words in my mouth here.

My ideology is that i don't like hunting, I would not ban anyone from doing this provided they do it in a responsible manner that doesn't have a negative impact on other people or the environment.

Trouble is the right wingers think that people should be able to do exactly what they want with no consideration for the consequences or how if effects other people.

Lions are on the vulnerable list so yes I would ban shooting them. We have enough endangered species in this world without idiots like her adding to the problem for 'sport'. If she really gets a kick out of shooting stuff then that is her look out but she should certainly be more responsible about what she shoots.

Live and let live I say, I have no problem with you shooting Kangaroos if that is what floats your boat.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
My ideology is that i don't like hunting, i would not ban anyone from doing this provided they do it in a responsible manner that doesn't have a negative impact on other people or the environment.

How do you know she didn't do it responsibly? What if she adhered to all requirements and protocol required by that country and its gaming laws?

What do you know of this Lion? Do you know it was the head of a pride or just a lone male attached to no pride? If it's not a breeding male then how do you know what impact it actually has on its environment?

Lions are on the vulnerable list so yes I would ban shooting them. We have enough endangered species in this world without idiots like her adding to the problem for 'sport'. If she really gets a kick out of shooting stuff then that is her look out but she should certainly be more responsible about what she shoots.

As soon as you ban things you are not what you claim you ideology promotes. You want people to live by your ideals.

Live and let live I say, I have no problem with you shooting Kangaroos if that is what floats your boat.

That's the thing, most of the time it's only when someone finds something cute or appealing to them do they kick up a stink about something being shot.

Personally I like a challenge so I only shoot at moving animals.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How do you know she didn't do it responsibly? What if she adhered to all requirements and protocol required by that country and its gaming laws?

What do you know of this Lion? Do you know it was the head of a pride or just a lone male attached to no pride? If it's not a breeding male then how do you know what impact it actually has on its environment?

As soon as you ban things you are not what you claim you ideology promotes. You want people to live by your ideals.

That's the thing, most of the time it's only when someone finds something cute or appealing to them do they kick up a stink about something being shot.

Personally I like a challenge so I only shoot at moving animals.

It is irresponsible to be promoting the shooting of lions as they are on the vulnerable list.

In your ideology would nothing be banned? are you some kind of anarchist?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It is irresponsible to be promoting the shooting of lions as they are on the vulnerable list.

That doesn't answer my question of how do you know this Lion in particular would effect the Lion population? If it's an old Lion that's be driven from a pride then the impact on the population would be minimal as he's not going to be part of a breeding pride anyway.

It's lazy to suggest that the loss of one single Lion from a group of 32,000 actually has a neagative impact on the survival of the species when you know nothing of that Lion.

Then there's the potential for a specific area to be overpopulated with Lions.

In your ideology would nothing be banned? are you some kind of anarchist?

No, i'm a Libertarian, anarchists have no respect for others private property.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
No, shooting a Lion requires different skills.

It's easy to find kanagroos, more difficult to track down a lion.

What about kittens stuck on trees? What sort of skill is required there?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That doesn't answer my question of how do you know this Lion in particular would effect the Lion population? If it's an old Lion that's be driven from a pride then the impact on the population would be minimal as he's not going to be part of a breeding pride anyway.

It's lazy to suggest that the loss of one single Lion from a group of 32,000 actually has a neagative impact on the survival of the species when you know nothing of that Lion.

Then there's the potential for a specific area to be overpopulated with Lions.

No, i'm a Libertarian, anarchists have no respect for others private property.

You are getting two discussion confused here. Either we are talking about the morality of grinning inanely over the corpse of a beautiful animal or we are talking about my ideology and what it means to for the individual to act responsibly in relation to everyone and the world around them.

You are asking me to use an example of one lion to justify my political outlook and ideology. Something which is obviously ridiculous.

So as a Libertarian do you believe nothing should be banned?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No, shooting a Lion requires different skills.

It's easy to find kanagroos, more difficult to track down a lion.

How many lions have you killed?

If the skill and sport is in tracking it down, why don't they just track it and admire it's beauty?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

If the skill and sport is in tracking it down, why don't they just track it and admire it's beauty?

It works for the welsh!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Idiots who try and form coherent arguments for the hunting of an endangered species whose numbers are crashing. **** me.

IF an animal needs culling it is done by the authorities, not some gung ho white hunter.

What about the idiots who help create more deaths by making the black market the only option available?

You know, the ones who want to ban licenced hunting.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Some people might like a mounted head, a rug or a taxidermy lion.

Given I don't live in Africa I have no interest in Lions. I've shot a fair few cats though.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What about the idiots who help create more deaths by making the black market the only option available?

You know, the ones who want to ban licenced hunting.

Maybe this could be improved by a more equal sharing of the worlds wealth and the west paying African nations a fair price for their resources. This way they could earn a decent living without selling the rights to killing vulnerable animals by legal or illegal means.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Some people might like a mounted head, a rug or a taxidermy lion.

Given I don't live in Africa I have no interest in Lions. I've shot a fair few cats though.

That is to do with having a small fire-hose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here