Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Link for game audio tomorrow (for overseas fans)??

Agent_Torpor

May 1, 2009
Does anyone know if there will be an available audio link for the game broadcast for overseas fans? Thanks!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm starting to get a little bit f***ed off at the "where can I listen" begging notes on NSC.

Seagulls World only costs a few quid a month and is good income for the club. A Seagulls World subscription will cost substantially less than a ticket for the game itself and, especially if you are distant from the club, surely it's a way of giving back.

Next season might see these sort of requests resulting in a ban.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
It’s not the cost of SW that’s an issue it’s the reliability - as earlier threads have shown. Once they get that sorted people will use it, at the moment the games are too important to be messing about.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Seconding Lyndhurst 14.

I had an SW subscription from '04 through the end of '06, but between serious Mac compatibility issues, and general unreliability, packed it in -- and told them why.

I'd buy back in, but not until I see consistently good reviews on here, or at least a reduction in the steady drumbeat of complaints.

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
Does anyone know if there will be an available audio link for the game broadcast for overseas fans? Thanks!

Unless you have emigrated to a place like Haiti, the poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere, I don't know why ex pats don't subscribe to SW. I've said it before, best value for eighty Canadian Dollars that I have had for a long time. U.S Dollars should be a better deal still.

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
Seagulls World will do me fine. I'm looking forward big time to getting back to the hotel tonight with a few cans of Tiger and get the laptop fired up for the match.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan

Agent_Torpor

May 1, 2009
I'm starting to get a little bit f***ed off at the "where can I listen" begging notes on NSC.

Seagulls World only costs a few quid a month and is good income for the club. A Seagulls World subscription will cost substantially less than a ticket for the game itself and, especially if you are distant from the club, surely it's a way of giving back.

When Seagulls World can provide consistent and reliable service for Mac users, I will not hesitate to gladly pay for the subscription.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I managed to get the Northampton vs MK Dons game direct from the Radio Northampton website. Not sure which BBC radio service covers Stockport but might be worth a go.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I am sending an email with your comments to the company the runs Seagulls World. I think it is important they get our feedback because the site does have streaming issues, and content issues.

Many people have cancelled the service because of this, and we want people to subscribe again which of course helps the club financially.

If there are any final thoughts you would like to add before I send the email explaining your issues, please respond on this thread.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
It’s not the cost of SW that’s an issue it’s the reliability - as earlier threads have shown. Once they get that sorted people will use it, at the moment the games are too important to be messing about.

There may be incompatibility issues with some PCs and operating systems, but this season the commentaries have been pretty well sorted.

A system is in place to alert Paul Camillin at each game 30 minutes before KO if commentary is not being fed through SW.

My experience would suggest that in almost every case with delayed start that the BBC is to blame, having 'pushed the wrong button' in the commentary box and failed to set up the link.

Its very rare now to have a problem with commentary of the game itself, and even rarer for it to be PTVs fault.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Seagulls World is a load of shit though, you cant blame people for needing to look for other options, it support ay media player other thn WMP which is a joke, and i'd be interested to know just how much of the subscriptio fee actually filters down to the club.

SW has been much better this year, at least the commentary has been reliable, which is the reason I subscribe as an overseas fan.

Yes the highlights could be longer but IMO it's worth 30 quid just for the commentary alone.

OK, it doesn't work on a Mac, but you know the solution to that problem :jester:

What percentage of the subscription goes to the club?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
58 mins to most important game of the seaon and it still hasn't started

GET IT SORTED!!!!!:rant:

swastika.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here