Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lingard

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Jury still out. Nothing of merit today but early days and young so must give benefit of doubt.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I thought he was utterly ineffective on the wing. The Argus ran a headline saying Leo was excited and playing alongside new "strike partner" Jess yet we just stick him on the wing where Lua Lua, Buckley and March are better in my opinion. Jesse is surely best used as an attacking midfielder/second striker. Waste of a chance to change the way we attack and to get more out of Leo's hard work up front.

Last edited:

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Looks quality, great runs into space. Terrified readings defence which caused the own goal.
Only negative is he seems a bit lightweight and was easily bounced off the ball

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Very promising. Snappy with his passing and excellent movement. Was popping up all over the place just before the goal and had them rattled. Great to see him sliding in full tilt in defence too. Fully committed - good lad.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Totally out of position IMHO

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Looks a very promising addition to the squad. Pacey, an eye for a pass and not afraid to work hard and put his foot in. I'll look forward to seeing more of him through the season.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I thought it played really well, and instead of being taken off for Dunk, he should of been put upfront by himself and Ulloa should come off...

He played some great one touch passes, and could of had a couple assists. I like the fact ran his socks off and put in some good tackles and his movement was first class...

Looking forward to seeing him week in week out...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Any decent player that comes here becomes mediocre overnight. It's the law.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I thought it played really well, and instead of being taken off for Dunk, he should of been put upfront by himself and Ulloa should come off...

He played some great one touch passes, and could of had a couple assists. I like the fact ran his socks off and put in some good tackles and his movement was first class...

Looking forward to seeing him week in week out...

Lopez was taken off for dunk. Lingard lasted 60 minutes until the game started to pass him by (not necessarily his fault, tough game and he's only young). His substitution was 100% the right thing

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Lopez was taken off for dunk. Lingard lasted 60 minutes until the game started to pass him by (not necessarily his fault, tough game and he's only young). His substitution was 100% the right thing

Yeah sorry, I meant when he came off for Buckley. I don't think he should of been taken off, he had the pace to cause a counter, whereas Ulloa didn't, the game wasnt passing him by IMO he just wasnt getting enough service, I think he should of been given a chance up front by himself, Ive seen him play there and CAM for United and he is very effective. Im sure he will get a chance in them positions. I feel CF is his best position, and thats where his future lies.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hope to seem in playing behind Ulloa rather than coming off from the left but I think that will come in time once he actually has a full week of training with the team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here