Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Linesman beaten to death in The Netherlands

I'm fairly certain from his manner that yes, he did know the rules, and that these were no simply honest mistakes.

(I think it a little incongrous for a linesman to punch the air, and utter 'Get the f*** in' when his team scores, too!)

Unfortunately, the ref was not an official ref, no - but a Dad from our side, who said afterwards that he felt he had to take the chaps' word for it - I guess he didn't feel it was his place to over-rule him.

No. Yuo're way off the mark, I'm afraid. Perhaps I've not painted an accurate picture. None of the kids would have been remotely aware of any conversations. They were busy, trudging back to the halfway line, having confused arguments amongst themselves over which one of them had been offside this time.

yeah fair enough, I wasn't there. You can see the picture I ve painted in my mind though, repeated up and down the country every Sunday morning (when I say 'up and down', imagine the shit some of the linos get in places like Leeds!)

christ. How out of control had that game got, for three players to physically attack the lino?

Interesting timing reading that, as only this sunday, i had a fairly nasty exchange with the opposition's lino at one of my lads' matches. His team were winning comfortably, and he still continued to whack his flag up every time our lads got the ball anywhere near their box. I pointed out to him, that teaching 11 year olds to cheat was pretty disgraceful, and that his team would learn more if he allowed them to have a proper game. He got quite angry.

The fat prick.

sounds like poor lino and gobby parent,parents must learn to keep it shut and show respect to the officials,its not a good example tbh???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
yeah fair enough, I wasn't there. You can see the picture I ve painted in my mind though,

Absolutely - we've all seen it. Not a lot round here though, in fairness. The league is pretty strong on the rules that parents must adhere to.

This particular incident wasn't instigated by the parents at all though.

When the flag went up incorrectly for about the third time in five minutes, the guy standing next to me commented to me something like "That's never offside, surely".

At which point, the lino, spins round frothing at the mouth, snarling at him "Its offside if I say it is. Do you want to f***ing do it?" I said "Yes okay", and then he got annoyed.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Happens in kids' rugby matches as well. I've seen refs get all sorts of abuse and it's been known to kick off between spectators. I put it down to frustrated parents who were shit at sport themselves.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Happens in kids' rugby matches as well. I've seen refs get all sorts of abuse and it's been known to kick off between spectators. I put it down to frustrated parents who were shit at sport themselves.

That's a very odd conclusion to draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here