Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line in the sand

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
The players are as culpable, as the manager. as are the executive. Its a perfect storm for being relegated, poor performance at every level

Agreed mate.
But as the OP is all about when match time comes we get behind the team, that is a point I have to agree with! Don't have to remind anyone about a time with hostility towards execs but support for the players never dwindled in general.
Manager, executives and some players are clearly just not up to it but the team play to Hyypia's clueless tactics and I can't blame them all for that and it's obvious some clearly know its wrong!
What would be the point in going all the way to Wolverhampton to give the players shit?
If you go you support the team........but doesn't stop anyone venting anger at the clueless one for me!

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
The players and the club believe in him. He has a philosophy which needs to be given time. This is a transition season where this becomes HIS team, HIS way. Oscar (as much as I liked him) did a sterling job with the remnants of poyet and that ghost must be laid to rest.

The question is, Will we ever believe in a manager again when we so hurt by Poyet?

Albion fans always have and always will back the team its what we do, why we pay lots of money then turn up week after week rain or shine. We sing and cheers for a team that are earning thousands of pounds a week. Is a bit of extra effort and passion really too much for us nasty people to ask. If it is then the man in charge should be telling them and inspiring them to go out a give 100% and get stuck in.
I really cant see your point about the players backing the manager, the manager does not look like he would back himself. The players look confused at times like when we make weird substitutions like Halford a center back bought on at right wing with more attacking player sat on the bench.. clueless.

Albion fans always have and always will back the team its what we do, why we pay lots of money then turn up week after week rain or shine. We sing and cheers for a team that are earning thousands of pounds a week. Is a bit of extra effort and passion really too much for us nasty people to ask. If it is then the man in charge should be telling them and inspiring them to go out a give 100% and get stuck in.
I really cant see your point about the players backing the manager, the manager does not look like he would back himself. The players look confused at times like when we make weird substitutions like Halford a center back bought on at right wing with more attacking player sat on the bench.. clueless.

I do not disagree with your sentiments at all, and I like your self am equally frustrated with the apathy which is running through our club presently. However, come the next day, I still support the blue and white. If we can make a difference to a player by supporting him, then great. That's what we CAN do. If they make mistakes, so what? If we jump on them they are more likely to continue to make mistakes (ever decreasing circles). The vile thrown at JFC at times should make us ashamed as fans and it appears that he is now the natural fall guy (replacing Barnes and look how he has got on with his career!).
We often pat ourselves on the back and say we are the best fans in world. Are we? We appear to be doing a pretty good job at the moment of eroding our platform at an alarming rate. We are better than that and we should prove as such.
Ref tactics, SH and the staff will not deploy players who they feel are not capable of playing that position, this would have been practised throughout the week. When the player steps onto the pitch, it really is down to the player to perform.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
The players and the club believe in him. He has a philosophy which needs to be given time. This is a transition season where this becomes HIS team, HIS way. Oscar (as much as I liked him) did a sterling job with the remnants of poyet and that ghost must be laid to rest.

The question is, Will we ever believe in a manager again when we so hurt by Poyet?

I admire your positivity but sorry mate, this & your original post are utter deluded nonsense. I always have & always will support the team & have never given them abuse during a game but to extend that to pretending a completely clueless manager (& frankly, right now, the board) has an idea what he's doing does more harm than good. Giving him time & money is suicide

Decent post by the OP, but, the only people that can reverse the decline in a practical sense are the eleven professionals that stride onto the pitch. We can support them all the way, but it's their job to get us back on track.

The problem is that you need to get the correct eleven in the first place to give you a fighting chance week in week out.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'm sure though that if we can stop our negativity it can have a great effect (looks over shoulder to 17 years ago circa Season 1996/97 - look what we achieved by supporting the TEAM. It galvanised them, and us).

Am all for getting behind the team but have to say, we didn't get right behind the team at first. We had other stuff to get worked up about first.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Agreed mate.
But as the OP is all about when match time comes we get behind the team, that is a point I have to agree with! Don't have to remind anyone about a time with hostility towards execs but support for the players never dwindled in general.
Manager, executives and some players are clearly just not up to it but the team play to Hyypia's clueless tactics and I can't blame them all for that and it's obvious some clearly know its wrong!
What would be the point in going all the way to Wolverhampton to give the players shit?
If you go you support the team........but doesn't stop anyone venting anger at the clueless one for me!

That's because despite their limitations as footballers-they all gave 100% and looked as though they cared. We were all in it together.

This current lot, with a few exceptions, don't give a damn. At least that's how it looks.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm... not the fans fault... in fact, the fault lies with (1) the manager, (2) Burke, (3) Tony for not pulling the trigger on (1) and (2).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Two.

Win today to ensure box day attendance so no show for me

Two champ football for my renewal. In the balance atm.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Agreed mate.

I think we're all behind the team, that's why we complain, because we care. Once they run out we're all behind them, but doesn't mean we have to accept poor performance.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
The game has changed. We'll need to see where this club is going.......it feels all a bit bourgeoisie to me now.
Sitting up in the East Upper, I've stopped singing except when there's a mini burst around me. In the Goldstone days, there were enough kindred souls around or near me who could be depended on to be unself-conscious enough at various times to do the same.....hence I wouldn't feel an oddity . Except for the Hailsham Seagull a few rows up, and his strange chant of 'Come on you stripey Wonders'.....no-one ever cheeps.
Bless him with his different carer every week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here