Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lincolnshire school denied top rating for being 'Too White'

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Great Britain is multicultural and has been in one form or another for thousands of years. We've been invaded and occupied on numerous occasions. Much of our history is founded on foreign culture. London has always been an epicentre of trade and a melting pot of various cultures. We conquered cultures, we enslaved some, got others to fight our wars, and invited many to help us rebuild. Like it or not, Great Britain is multicultural. You saying some areas are predominantly white has no bearing on that.

I know you want to believe what you have just proffered is true, however the truth is that it hasn't.

Its actually been the polar opposite, this country has been a Christian monocultural society for centuries................and certainly up until the last 40 years.

If your analysis was right then UKIP would be a historical footnote, white flight would be an updated version of the harrying of the North, FGM, honour killings, forced marriages, ruddy faced lads heading overto fight Jihad in the middle east and the popularity of the name Mohammed would just be how it has ALWAYS been in the UK. Nothing new to see here we would say.

There would be little public shock about off duty British soldiers having their heads lopped off in the streets of the capital or people exploding themselves on public transport systems and no one would care about the systemic rape of girls from one community by men from another community. The Police and other organs of the state would certainly not be paralysed by concerns about community cohesion.

The prescence of small commmunities hither and thither which would have typically been asorbed into the wider dominant commuity is actually how its always been, and hence the UK has largely been at peace with itself culturally for centuries, in contrast to countries on the continent.

Peddling your perverse fantasies that the UK has been like the Balkans is an enthralling read, but overall embarassing. 0/10.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What are you doing in a debate where you dont understand the really basic stuff, you know, that barking is more likely to be a hotbed of exstremism than Bracknell.

You are either stumbling about cluelessly or being rude, so F off is the right response.

I was merely trying to engage in constructive debate. And personally, I don't think F off is ever the right response to anything or anyone.... But I'm not that bothered.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

I was merely trying to engage in constructive debate. And personally, I don't think F off is ever the right response to anything or anyone.... But I'm not that bothered.

Yea my fault sorry, i just dont have the patience with stupid people. If we are debating transport policy I would expect those involved to know what a car is, If debating the NHS its reasonable to expect those offering their opinions to know what a doctor is. AAAAAANNND If we are debating peoples levels of racism its expected to know where racism is most likely to emerge. As I said its not genius incite, it really is basic stuff.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yea my fault sorry, i just dont have the patience with stupid people. If we are debating transport policy I would expect those involved to know what a car is, If debating the NHS its reasonable to expect those offering their opinions to know what a doctor is. AAAAAANNND If we are debating peoples levels of racism its expected to know where racism is most likely to emerge. As I said its not genius incite, it really is basic stuff.

I'd expect someone with such delusions of intelligence to be able to spell "insight".

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I know you want to believe what you have just proffered is true, however the truth is that it hasn't.

Its actually been the polar opposite, this country has been a Christian monocultural society for centuries................and certainly up until the last 40 years.

If your analysis was right then UKIP would be a historical footnote, white flight would be an updated version of the harrying of the North, FGM, honour killings, forced marriages, ruddy faced lads heading overto fight Jihad in the middle east and the popularity of the name Mohammed would just be how it has ALWAYS been in the UK. Nothing new to see here we would say.

There would be little public shock about off duty British soldiers having their heads lopped off in the streets of the capital or people exploding themselves on public transport systems and no one would care about the systemic rape of girls from one community by men from another community. The Police and other organs of the state would certainly not be paralysed by concerns about community cohesion.

The prescence of small commmunities hither and thither which would have typically been asorbed into the wider dominant commuity is actually how its always been, and hence the UK has largely been at peace with itself culturally for centuries, in contrast to countries on the continent.

Peddling your perverse fantasies that the UK has been like the Balkans is an enthralling read, but overall embarassing. 0/10.

Your problem in understanding my point is that you're basing your understanding of 'multiculturalism' on race. When the Romans settled and occupied this land it was multicultural, same with Normans, Saxons, Celts, Vikings, Huegonauts, and whoever else settled.

It's at unprecedented levels now - hence UKIP, but Britain is multicultural regardless of whether you like it or not.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Really? So why the modern and recent desperation to promote multiculturalism and mass immigration if "its the same as its always been"?

Yes, clearly I was being completely literal that it has always been the same as it is now through history.

You're again concentrating on the current politics of immigration, which is basically the numbers. But it's existence in Britain is a fact and will remain a fact even if UKIP get in tomorrow and closed all the borders for the next 5 or 10 years - we'd still be multicultural. That won't change, it is in our history and it's in our future.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Your problem in understanding my point is that you're basing your understanding of 'multiculturalism' on race. When the Romans settled and occupied this land it was multicultural, same with Normans, Saxons, Celts, Vikings, Huegonauts, and whoever else settled.

It's at unprecedented levels now - hence UKIP, but Britain is multicultural regardless of whether you like it or not.

Nope, I didn't mention race at all, I referred to culture, evidently it is you that is blinded by race.

You are deliberately conflating history to fit to your contemporary view of the UK, take FGM for example, this is a religious and cultural practice, it is certainly not motivated by race.

It is not as old as the hills either, it is new and completely alien to the dominant community, if it was a long standing cultural practice no one would care and it wouldn't get the exposure that it does.

As for mixing settlement by French Protestant weavers and invaders, where are these communities now? They don't exist, they were absorbed into the dominant Anglo Saxon Protestant cultural model.

If any single group didn't it would be the Jews, but there numbers were and still are comparatively small, even though they were bigger than the relative handful of Yemenis in the North East and Afro Carribeans in the ports. If we were always multi cultural all these invading communities would still exist now.......they don't we were therefore mono cultural.

You are right with your last point, we are not now............for the first time in this ancient country's history. Not that anyone was asked.........

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Excellent stuff, the fact that you are blind to your own prejudice is delicious.

I don't see how I have pre-judged Lincolnshire. 30 odd years of visiting family in the fens is a fair amount of research.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, clearly I was being completely literal that it has always been the same as it is now through history.

You're again concentrating on the current politics of immigration, which is basically the numbers. But it's existence in Britain is a fact and will remain a fact even if UKIP get in tomorrow and closed all the borders for the next 5 or 10 years - we'd still be multicultural. That won't change, it is in our history and it's in our future.

Right I am consentrating on the current politics, thats why its a political debate which you keep trying to turn into a selective history debate. I didn't live here during the roman occupation, the government doesn't pass laws that relate to it. ITs the here and now that matters. People are more worried about the future for their children than anything else.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Very gracious of you, and thanks, but no real need to apologise. Have a nice day.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Right I am consentrating on the current politics, thats why its a political debate which you keep trying to turn into a selective history debate. I didn't live here during the roman occupation, the government doesn't pass laws that relate to it. ITs the here and now that matters. People are more worried about the future for their children than anything else.

This thread is about what is being taught in school. Are you lost? There are plenty of other threads about what you want to discuss...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
People who have dyslexia are often very intelligent.

My wife is both dyslexic and very intelligent. She's just not in the habit of telling everyone else how clever she is (badly). Nor sticking other poster's heads on spikes. Nor passing off copy and pastes from random insult generators as her own material. Eh Looney?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I don't see how I have pre-judged Lincolnshire. 30 odd years of visiting family in the fens is a fair amount of research.

The view you expressed in this thread earlier clearly pre judged the residents of Lincolnshire as being racists, or likely racists. Lazy Anglophobic stereotyping which in any other context would provoke the shrill hysterical reactions like we see in the current public story with Malky Mackay.

It's all very well having a laugh at the expense of the residents of Lincolnshire, but you are nonetheless a Thornberryist.

We can see your particular bigotry for what it is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My wife is both dyslexic and very intelligent. She's just not in the habit of telling everyone else how clever she is (badly). Nor sticking other poster's heads on spikes. Nor passing off copy and pastes from random insult generators as her own material. Eh Looney?

Looney is dyslexic and a self confessed troll.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Such a pity your wife has low standards. Correct me if I am wrong here Poindexter but I haven't mentioned how clever I am, Oh and I dont need random insult generators, you need to come to terms with the fact you are being insulted by pure talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here