Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Hear hear Locky.

Has it been said what is wrong?

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
It sounds pretty serious to me. He was taken to local Lincoln hospital where he had brain scan, he is now being transferred to Hallamshire hospital in Sheffield for "immediate operation." Sounds at least as serious as Roeder.

Those who went on Saturday may have noticed the Coppellesque situation. He has apparently been offered manager's job at Peterborough on a lot more money. There is a local newpaper campaign to persuade him to stay. All was put on hold for Sat. match, but many thought it would be his last- hope that doesn't turn out to be horribly true for different reasons.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
from the BBC site

Lincoln City manager Keith Alexander is being treated in hospital after collapsing at his home on Tuesday.

The Imps manager underwent brain scans at Lincoln County Hospital before being transfered to the Royal Hallamshire Hospital in Sheffield, where he had a minor proceedure which involved draining fluid from his brain.

While Alexander isexpected to undergo further tests on Thursday, Lincoln chairman Rob Bradley admitted the club were completely surprised by the news.

"He's obviously very poorly and everyone is in stunned shock with what has happened. We just feel for his wife, family and friends at this difficult time.

"We've just got to get by as best we can until all the details become clear."

Alexander took over in his second spell as Lincoln manager in May 2002 and guided the Imps to the Nationwide Division Three play-off finals last season.

After a shaky start this time around, Lincoln have lost just once in 13 league games and currently lie seventh in the table.

Assistant manager Gary Simpson has taken charge of first-team affairs until further notice and will be holding talks with captain Paul Morgan and the rest of the squad as they prepare for Saturday's away game at Darlington.

"Gary is in charge for the time being and will be in negotiations about where we go from here," added Bradley.

"I'm sure everyone at the club, and in football throughout the country, will join me in wishing the Alexander family all the best."

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Get well soon.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Get well soon, whatever you do don't rush back to work - there is more to life than football.

nic_the_lady-imp

Nov 13, 2003
Lincolnshire
Hey there! just signed up to this board today because a mate of mine (Trigger) showed me the thread about our manager (yeah, I'm an Imp!).
Well, I'd just like to say thank-you to everyone; there are some clubs' boards which I have been on and either nothing has been mentioned about KA, or abuse was written! Good to see some footy fans who aren't filled with hatred!
Thanks again!

Nov 12, 2003
Just heard on East Midlands TV

that Keith Alexander's condition has not changed at all today which basically means that he's not very well. Strange really because he looks like he looks after himself and Lincoln have been on a good roll of form - unlike the lead up to Glenn Roeder's problem.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Things happening to the brain are nothing to do with looking after yourself or stress.

My brother had a brain virus out of the blue which killed him when he was 21.

It is just one of those things that happen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here